• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why start a trust for a Class III?

How hard is it to add someone to a trust? As in my children.

Everything is in written words. It's as easy as changing it yourself and reprint out the new one with the changes.

Get on the computer you have your trust file saved, open it up, change the names and print! That's it, throw away your old page that have the old names and replace it with the new one. The only page you have to worry about is the one where you have it notarized, if you change that part, you just have to get that person to go with you to get it notarized again.

Everything is in written words. It's as easy as changing it yourself and reprint out the new one with the changes.

Get on the computer you have your trust file saved, open it up, change the names and print! That's it, throw away your old page that have the old names and replace it with the new one. The only page you have to worry about is the one where you have it notarized, if you change that part, you just have to get that person to go with you to get it notarized again.

This exactly!!!!!!!!

I want to thank all who responded to this thread! As a "newby" to the site, It feels reassuring to know there is a forum to ask questions without feeling like I'm the idiot ion the room. I too, like some here, live in a county where the sheriff has no problem signing off on nfa items. But, I DO see the advantages of the trust and will pursue it further.

Thank you again,

ARSteve

I want to thank all who responded to this thread! As a "newby" to the site, It feels reassuring to know there is a forum to ask questions without feeling like I'm the idiot ion the room. I too, like some here, live in a county where the sheriff has no problem signing off on nfa items. But, I DO see the advantages of the trust and will pursue it further.

Thank you again,

ARSteve

I was once in your shoes 4 months ago, now all I do is breathe sleep NFA. Hahah my girlfriend even steal my phone all the time because I'm always on it reading and looking at firearms and such.

I was once in your shoes 4 months ago, now all I do is breathe sleep NFA. Hahah my girlfriend even steal my phone all the time because I'm always on it reading and looking at firearms and such.

Lol me to, gf hates the phone as well. It sucks that Nfatalk and silencertalk are both really slow moving boards.

if something happens to you the named executor of your trust can legally be in possession of your NFA items without fear of arrest. They can be disposed of that way also. Also those on your trust can handle those items......

Don't they have to obtain a new trust or form 4 to transfer the NFA item into once the trust gets distributed? I would imagine that could get complicated. I would think that it would be wise to leave very detailed instructions to your executor on how to handle that situation. You sure wouldn't want them to get into trouble.

Lol me to, gf hates the phone as well. It sucks that Nfatalk and silencertalk are both really slow moving boards.

I told her shes my beneficiary so all my NFA will go to her when I kick the bucket.

No, the trust owns it, not individuals.

But how does the trust exist once it gets distributed? I thought the trust only lasted until it was distributed and then a new trust or form 4 would need to be created to transfer it into.

Doesn't a trust need to have new trustees? Wouldn't that require a new trust to be created?

Back
Top Bottom