• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why Kids Nowadays Are so Indiscipline... lol

I knew early on the risk/reward. There is a difference in beating a kid with fists/objects then woopin a kid. It only took a few belts/wood spoons on my ass to change my perspective. I still did stupid stuff but did my best to not get caught. Opinion only just have to find that fine line all parents are looking for

I knew early on the risk/reward. There is a difference in beating a kid with fists/objects then woopin a kid. It only took a few belts/wood spoons on my ass to change my perspective. I still did stupid stuff but did my best to not get caught. Opinion only just have to find that fine line all parents are looking for

I have 2 daughters, one is sly and studies how not to get caught the other just blatantly does dumb stuff and always gets caught. I had the big talk the other day about evaluating a situation when you know you’re doing something stupid and figuring out if the risk was worth it or how do I pull this off. I don’t know if any of it soaked in. She takes after me when I was young. Thank God she is 6’ and a helluva basketball player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I became an excellent dodger, because if dad was working on a car, the wrenches were coming our way weather we deserved it or not. He beat the hell out of me (over the line tbh), but I learned a lot from it and discipline my kids appropriately. We discipline for sure, and notice a huge difference in our kiddos compared to others.

I became an excellent dodger, because if dad was working on a car, the wrenches were coming our way weather we deserved it or not. He beat the hell out of me (over the line tbh), but I learned a lot from it and discipline my kids appropriately. We discipline for sure, and notice a huge difference in our kiddos compared to others.

They may not show it now but I bet one day they will thank you for doing it. I thought my parents were very strict, unfair and rather quick to light my arse up when I was a teenager but after I went to college and was out on my own that I realized why. Had they not I probably would’ve ended up a sorry SOB. A few months before my dad died I hugged and thanked him for being such a hard ass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Truth, my father was a multi instrumentalist....Belt, switch, hand, fist, funnel or anything else he could grab. Good thing I could out run his ass but I still have to come home.... The day finally came when my sister was screaming in the back seat of his Chevelle SS screaming I was pinching her (I was not) he slammed the brakes on and caught me with the back side of his hand. My sister starting crying saying it was her fault but he never said a word. We got home and I walked up to him (shaking I'm sure) fists in a ball and I told him he would never lay his hands on me again! I knew he was going to punch my lights out! I was no longer a kid but a teenager and he just looked at me and said "You think you are a man now and I said Yes Sir" and he looked at me and said "Well OK" I almost **** my pants but that was the last time he every laid his hands on me.

Sounds like a good man.. My step father was a Drill Instructor for 12 years and you want to talk about some punishments.. Man, this guy would beat our tails and then call our Dad to get another tail beating when we saw him every other weekend..lol
He wasn't, but buried in Arlington Tx as an officer..
didn't care for him.

Sounds like a good man.. My step father was a Drill Instructor for 12 years and you want to talk about some punishments.. Man, this guy would beat our tails and then call our Dad to get another tail beating when we saw him every other weekend..lol
And it's kind of weird you appreciate a stepfather throwing his wife's child through a wall..

And it's kind of weird you appreciate a stepfather throwing his wife's child through a wall..
I didn't say "I appreciate" anything at all.. If you reference my comment then you would know i was being sarcastic about sounding like a "Good Man". All apologies for you being thrown through a wall but no need in being a keyboard warrior.. Have a good evening though

My father was 6'3", 250 lbs, and an ex bare knucks boxer. One of my uncles told me he killed an man in the ring, which is why he quit boxing. Meanest man I ever met, huge hands, an open handed slap would lift you off your feet until the wall stopped you. Big, mean, hair trigger temper and really, really strong, and incredibly fast. He would be in jail in today's world. I got beaten black and blue and bloody as a kid. Usually for little or no reason. He slapped me up side my head when I was 16, when I picked myself up off the ground I balled up my fists and stood my ground. Was pretty sure he would literally kill me, but had had enough. He looked at me, laughed, and turned away. And never hit me again. I am physically afraid of no one, after surviving that childhood.

Back
Top Bottom