Whoa! Opinions Please!

Do you have an example of what or how you want to segregate the trading post? I just went through all the forums I regularly visit and none of them have their classifieds/trading post section segregated by region. Here are the forum stats for the largest site I visit (a mountain bike site). Threads: 624,689, Posts: 7,076,578, Members: 252,255, Active Members: 34,064

I would speculate that people are going to post their wares where they will get the most views.

Therefore if there are 1000's of threads in the GA area and 2 in the "other" sections, a newbie from Kentucky will post in the GA area.

If there is one thing that spending time on mulitple internet message boards has taught me it is that people cannot be troubled with following the rules.

So, Steve, as long as you don't mind policing up all the posts that attempt to circumvent the way you want it to be, I say go for it.

My opinion is the same as NCN. As long as they have in their location where they are from, I don't care.

BTW, my work ISP is routed through Cincinnati, so an IP check won't work at segregating.

Do you have an example of what or how you want to segregate the trading post? I just went through all the forums I regularly visit and none of them have their classifieds/trading post section segregated by region. Here are the forum stats for the largest site I visit (a mountain bike site). Threads: 624,689, Posts: 7,076,578, Members: 252,255, Active Members: 34,064

I feel like I'm explaining it pretty well but I guess I'm not.

On the front page of the site where it lists the trading post categories now would be replaced with georgia, florida, etc. Then once you click the state you want you will be taken to a page where all the regular categories will be located, it would look just like it does now. So every state or region would have it's own firearms & optics forum, it's own automotive sales forum, etc.

The boys in Ala. , Fla., Tenn. ,N & SC , spend the same type of money as we do . I say let 'em in ,even if you put 'em in a separate state category . If I am selling ,I want as many viewers as possible. I had a fellow come from Ala. to buy a boat . If I am buying ,a deal is a deal, even if I have to drive a spell.

Let 'em in .

I like the forum the way it is now...meaning just in GA. I like it that way because it makes dealing a lot easier. You can easily meet up with someone on here, face-to-face, as opposed to dealing with people from out-of-state and having to ship, deal with FFL's, not seeing or touching the firearm until it arrives AFTER you pay, etc. It's different if the person is from out of state in a place like Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina and is willing to come to GA.

I like the forum the way it is now...meaning just in GA. I like it that way because it makes dealing a lot easier. You can easily meet up with someone on here, face-to-face, as opposed to dealing with people from out-of-state and having to ship, deal with FFL's, not seeing or touching the firearm until it arrives AFTER you pay, etc. It's different if the person is from out of state in a place like Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina and is willing to come to GA.

You wouldn't be dealing with people out of state, you just browse the georgia category and everything in there is local.

I think there's the misconception that this is a GA only site, maybe that comes from the transition to the outdoors trader from ga gun trader. I know I've seen items posted here from as far away as VA.

I don't want to have to click on a dozen different sections to see if a new pistol or rifle I may like has been listed, maybe I'm just lazy when I'm surfing the net.

Back
Top Bottom