Whoa! Opinions Please!

Since you asked here's my opinion. As long as people are posting their location, like they're supposed to, there is no need to have different states. If I see a gun listed and the owner is in TX, I know it needs to be shipped.

If someone only wants to do a face to face deal then that's the way they should list it. If they don't and someone out of state is interested enough in an item they'll ask about shipping.

I like the way the trading section is set up now, don't see a need to further segregate it.

I really do not want a national trading post that is all together. That is just frustrating for me, I would like it to be broken up by state or region when a state doesn't have enough traffic by itself. I also like the idea of having more members from across the country, I think it can add greatly to discussions.

Since you asked here's my opinion. As long as people are posting their location, like they're supposed to, there is no need to have different states. If I see a gun listed and the owner is in TX, I know it needs to be shipped.

If someone only wants to do a face to face deal then that's the way they should list it. If they don't and someone out of state is interested enough in an item they'll ask about shipping.

I like the way the trading section is set up now, don't see a need to further segregate it.

good post ! ...... and I agree ;)

but I also know this is Steve's baby and I know he wants it to be as sucessful as possible .......and I know he wants it to grow so he can have to upgrade the server agin cause it was so much fun before:boink:

Last edited:
The site is getting pretty big as is. Growing really fast and getting a good reputation. If it were me, I might try adding a "Members Outside Ga" section to see just how many actual members are from other states. Obviously there will be visitors and bots and so on but how many are actually joining the site?

If this is a vote, going with GA. Can't drive to New York to trade a gun.

I love how it is now and it really wouldn't change much. On the front page in the trading post you would just click Georgia and then all the georgia trading post forums would show up just like they do now.

Nothing else would change. The front page would look the same besides the state options under trading post.

Yeah, that's cool too. Just be careful with the other states. I don't know if their laws differ greatly from GA laws. Maybe exclude IL, CA, and NY for starters.

When I visit from work, the IP is routed through DC, Va and NY. Don't jump to conclusions based on it. Look up the IPs and see who they belong to. Mine will say DHS....

Oh and keep this just Georgia, too many other sites that are national, and its a PITA trying to find a local trade on them. If you make it national then there is no reason for many of us to come here. Does nothing any better than falfiles or ar15.com...

I love how it is now and it really wouldn't change much. On the front page in the trading post you would just click Georgia and then all the georgia trading post forums would show up just like they do now.

Nothing else would change. The front page would look the same besides the state options under trading post.

I don't see where it would hurt to try. If it doesn't pan out you can always change it back.

Back
Top Bottom