• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who Likes to Row-Lets see'em

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
Pushing 75, I average 5-8 miles 2-3 times a week. Boat is a 17 ft Canadian Loudon double-ender. Two seasoned rowers can easily make 5-6 mph all day.
IMG_5420.jpg

Wow,that nice....lets see 2@5-6 mph makes for roughly 60-70 miles in some inland water ways.Not a bad way to travel back in the day.Dont think you could make that much on horseback,terrain specific of course.Fine looking vessel.Exercise in style.

Wow,that nice....lets see 2@5-6 mph makes for roughly 60-70 miles in some inland water ways.Not a bad way to travel back in the day.Dont think you could make that much on horseback,terrain specific of course.Fine looking vessel.Exercise in style.
note that I say "seasoned rowers". The lake I row on is 3 miles long and about 3/8-1/2 mile wide. I can make the round trip in about an hour going balls out. However I am pretty tired by then. I usually average about 4-4.5. That extra .5mph pretty much doubles the effort. Sheet glass is best for rowing although this model has done well in open ocean races. You do not have to "pry it" thru the water like some models.

Back
Top Bottom