Who goes bear hunting in north ga?

ch035

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
I'd like to get into the sport. My folks have a place in rabun gap and have seen several bears up there. Looks more exciting than deer hunting. I've lost interest in deer hunting and would like to give it a try.

Ive seen one at the bottom of yonah this year. I had my bow and knife on me and didnt take a shot cuz I really didnt know the law on killing them. Sucked when I got home and looked it up and they were in season. Are you wanting to go find a den? You can scout. But they arent in season

I shot one in the central zone 3 years ago, she weighed 208. It was fun. Here's a smaller one that walked up to the ground blind I was in, he looked to be around 100lbs, he was very curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot one in the central zone 3 years ago, she weighed 208. It was fun. Here's a smaller one that walked up to the ground blind I was in, he looked to be around 100lbs, he was very curious.

Dude he was all of 140 lbs. Would have made some good steak!

This guy is too close. He may have gotten popped out of fear.

Back
Top Bottom