• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who deleted my thread?

Gets a little clearer here. Years ago a friend at the SO went on, and on about wanting a NM Springer and I knew someone who had one. Made the introduction, and he bought it for the going value.

several months later he has the numbers ran on all his firearms for insurance reasons... Bingo Bango pistol returns stolen. We both end up in Infernal Repairs (IA) and after giving all details, names, amounts etc. are cleared and the proverbial buck gets passed back. The individual who sold it did federal time because the firearm was stolen in Tennessee.
The problem is that with gun traders that do a lot of trades (60-100), 75 or so bills of sale in the wrong eyes will make a person look like an illegal dealer. I do have a folder on my computer that needs to be updated, but it has a list of who I traded, bought or sold to on the odt, no personal info, just usernames.

The problem is that with gun traders that do a lot of trades (60-100), 75 or so bills of sale in the wrong eyes will make a person look like an illegal dealer. I do have a folder on my computer that needs to be updated, but it has a list of who I traded, bought or sold to on the odt, no personal info, just usernames.

I personally know 2 men who went to federal prison for trading for profit, they established a pattern of commerce. I save all emails, etc but so rarely get rid of a firearm have no worries.

Who deleted my thread about the 19, I didn't see anything wrong with it, I was just curious. Are we not allowed to talk about classified ads in other forums?

Edit: Heading to bed now, if this needs to be deleted or locked, all I ask for is an explanation. If necessary please pm your answer to me. Thank you.

The original ad seems to be a stupid joke from someone who got mad about something stupid, he apparently told everyone who PMed him that they got it. I don't know for sure but I'd guess your thread was deleted just as part of the clean-up of that mess. It could also have just been deleted by mistake, it happens, we ain't perfect! Bass Akwards has been known to "drunk mod" from time to time! :D

Not looking to ruffle sight feathers, but OkumaSteve, can you make a rule that mods must notify members as to why posts or threads are deleted so were not in the dark?

No, half the time folks are modding from cell phones and if I made them PM folks they would probably just skip deleting since it would be a pain to PM the OP afterwards. If at anytime you have a question about a deleted post just start thread in the Private Help Forum, it's that easy.

But that's the thing, if I did violate a rule, I'd like to know what rule I broke or why it was removed.

If you violated a rule you'd get an infraction/warning message. Stuff can be deleted for any number of reasons, very few of which are bad. If you need clarification on a deletion just post in the private help forum and we'll get it for you.

So being still somewhat new, the mods can delete with no explanation or due process?

Yes, but if it happens and I don't agree with it and I find out they won't be mods very long. You also have to remember this is a free site with un-paid employees, we're just doing the best we can under those conditions.

And just to repeat myself one more time, if you ever have a question or an issue about anything just ask us in the Private Help Forum, that is the absolute easiest way to get an answer quickly.

The original ad seems to be a stupid joke from someone who got mad about something stupid, he apparently told everyone who PMed him that they got it. I don't know for sure but I'd guess your thread was deleted just as part of the clean-up of that mess. It could also have just been deleted by mistake, it happens, we ain't perfect! Bass Akwards has been known to "drunk mod" from time to time! :D

No, half the time folks are modding from cell phones and if I made them PM folks they would probably just skip deleting since it would be a pain to PM the OP afterwards. If at anytime you have a question about a deleted post just start thread in the Private Help Forum, it's that easy.

If you violated a rule you'd get an infraction/warning message. Stuff can be deleted for any number of reasons, very few of which are bad. If you need clarification on a deletion just post in the private help forum and we'll get it for you.

Yes, but if it happens and I don't agree with it and I find out they won't be mods very long. You also have to remember this is a free site with un-paid employees, we're just doing the best we can under those conditions.

And just to repeat myself one more time, if you ever have a question or an issue about anything just ask us in the Private Help Forum, that is the absolute easiest way to get an answer quickly.

Hey man watch it, I was drunk but I wasn't home. I was not the one who deleted it. However I must admit I have made few moderation errors on the site lately. See what had happen wuz, I came to realize that not everyone has the same uh "mindset" as me, things that I at the time think is freaking funny as hell is not to others.

Back
Top Bottom