• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who can custom load for me

karterguy

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Im trying to find someone private or a ammo company that reloads 9mm target loads that i need until i pull the trigger and reload my own. I need 147 grain bullets loaded to about 875 to 900 fps for a min 125 power factor. Any recommendations would be great thanks mike

Liability concerns will keep most from doing this for you. There are factory loadings at this power level, Winchester has one, and Wallyworld carries it. SGammo also has several loadings that would work. You will not find reloaded ammo cheaper unless you do it yourself in large quantities.

I was really looking for more of one of the georgia ammo manufactures that could do custom loads. In a factory load all i can find is stuff that it 147 grain subsonic stuff and its still a 1000fps or tad faster.

I was really looking for more of one of the georgia ammo manufactures that could do custom loads. In a factory load all i can find is stuff that it 147 grain subsonic stuff and its still a 1000fps or tad faster.

What length barrel you using. Do you have a chronograph?

5" and no i will when i set up to reload

There is no standard to measure MV. Some do measure at the muzzle, some measure at 15', some extrapolate that back to the muzzle, some don't.

Many use a 4" test barrel on 9mm, but not all. One measured out of a 4" barrel will be faster out of yours.

If you have to have a certain speed, a chrono and trying different brands will get you there.

If you are shooting a glock, reloads with lead are not advised.

Liability concerns will keep most from doing this for you. There are factory loadings at this power level, Winchester has one, and Wallyworld carries it. SGammo also has several loadings that would work. You will not find reloaded ammo cheaper unless you do it yourself in large quantities.
Pretty sure it's more than just liability. Don't think the ATF allows private individuals to manufacture and sell ammunition without the proper licensing.

Pretty sure it's more than just liability. Don't think the ATF allows private individuals to manufacture and sell ammunition without the proper licensing.

Likely need a type 06 or 07 FFL.

You can check around with local large shops to see if they have the license. There is a license holder in Warner Robins that may still load ammunition but bespoke handloads to your specs are not going to be cheap. I'd advise buying what you need now to reload cases yourself.

Back
Top Bottom