• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who all works on thanksgiving?

Do you work on thanksgiving and christmas?

• Total voters
I went in at 1430 and will work straight through till 0500 tomorrow. I am very blessed and thankful to have a job and off duty and over time opportunities this year so by no means am I *****ing. God Bless everyone else who is away from their family and may you all return safely to your fold.

Working 1800-0600, but accustomed to it. Been working holidays pretty much since 1996. If it falls on a normal scheduled off day I get it, but otherwise, I am here.

ETA: Congratulations to y'all getting holiday pay; mine is all straight time. But, glad to have a job, so not complaining.

Last edited:
Luckily I have a job where I am off 7 Holidays a year. For those that work hope you have a great day and get home to your families and enjoy the time with them.

For the last couple of years I've had em both for no money just straight comp time. This year I cooked a huge meal and didn't even get out of my pajamas :)

Bout the only things I will be working on is smoking a turkey and working on a buzz....come on.

I work a corporate sales job, so this is one of the few holidays that doesnt fall on quarter or year end, and most of my cUstomers take off this week, so take the whole week off, with pay, we did turkey, my parents flew in, we had a great lunch.

I have spent more new years, and christmas stuck in some airport in some random place, year end is always a *****.

Thanksgiving is the calm before the storm for me.

Back
Top Bottom