ODT - NSFW Forum

• Yeh

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Neh

Votes: 23 76.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like a little bit here and there is ok with everyone, just like a profanity here and there usually goes without complaint.

I guess people's thinking is if we have an NSFW section, then that will bring in more NSFW content.

It's like an NSFW thread here and there pushes the boundary of the rules a little bit, which is OK every once in a while. But if you have an NSFW section, that pushes the boundaries out a lot farther to start with, so content that pushes those boundaries will start to show up.

Like when the speed limit is 45 everyone goes 60, but when it is 75 people go 90.

Hope some of that makes sense.

I will take a stab at it.

See, when you have a thread titled "Chicks with guns", it wreaks of common sense. I mean, most people know what is inside the thread so they can safely steer around it. On the other hand, creating a section just for NSFW lays a subtle message that I personally don't think this particular forum has a flavor for. Again, thats just my opinion. It's not holy, righteous or the only way.

My thoughts exactly. If there is a forum for NSFW then that is inviting material that is far worse than a girl in a bikini with an AR-15. I'm afraid it would send the message that "whatever goes".

IF there was to be something like this, it would need to be in the Boiler Room where you have to ask to be allowed in there. That way it would keep anyone that doesnt want to see anything like that from seeing it. I would like to know cause I access the forum from work ALOT and would like to know to stay away from it when I am at work. BUT I would check it out from home.

I will take a stab at it.

See, when you have a thread titled "Chicks with guns", it wreaks of common sense. I mean, most people know what is inside the thread so they can safely steer around it. On the other hand, creating a section just for NSFW lays a subtle message that I personally don't think this particular forum has a flavor for. Again, thats just my opinion. It's not holy, righteous or the only way.

reeks, not wreaks

Sorry, couldn't resist!

IF there was to be something like this, it would need to be in the Boiler Room where you have to ask to be allowed in there. That way it would keep anyone that doesnt want to see anything like that from seeing it. I would like to know cause I access the forum from work ALOT and would like to know to stay away from it when I am at work. BUT I would check it out from home.

Finally! I said this from the beginning, but no one seems to read that. People seem to start typing before they get through reading.

There is enough trash out there already.

So women with see through shirts were nipples showing is ok or their ass hanging out with a crotch shot is fine ? Really this is the ideology that's out there?

You sir just further prove my point of hypocrisy that seems to be running rampant and going under the guise of "common sense".

And no it is not my idea to have trash. I say moderate it just like anything else on here. Well it seems all you need is one or two to start beating the drum and the rest will follow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom