• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

White cverspray on black paint?

So, for grins and not having a great deal of time today (calling an NRL-22 match in two hours) I tested the isopropyl theory (I had 91%) and it seems to work great without damage to the paint. I'll go buy several bottles this evening and try removing the paint tomorrow morning early (before the temp hits 128.7 degrees F).

I'm glad Bidenomics hasn't caused the price of Iso to skyrocket like everything else.
You ****ing up bruh...

Great idea.

Paint is high solid content steel target spray paint or Rustoleum primer and paint (white). Enamel I'm sure.

I may try something with Zippo Lighter Fluid or Goo Gone. I think acetone is too much as it will leave a "bare" area where I can see the old wax is removed.
Acetone/nail polish remover should take it off without bothering your paint. I've used it plenty of times to remove spray paint and glue residue with no issues. Wash and wax when you're done.

The isopropyl took most of the paint (overspray) off. I have a couple of stubborn areas to redo before I wax.

I will say the clay bar was a real eye opener. The car is so clean now I can't set anything on a painted surface as it'll just slide right on off.

If you have yellowed or oxidized plastic headlamps, the Turtle Wax restoration kit for $12.99 works like a charm for clearing up your headlights.

Back
Top Bottom