• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

White cverspray on black paint?

So, for grins and not having a great deal of time today (calling an NRL-22 match in two hours) I tested the isopropyl theory (I had 91%) and it seems to work great without damage to the paint. I'll go buy several bottles this evening and try removing the paint tomorrow morning early (before the temp hits 128.7 degrees F).

I'm glad Bidenomics hasn't caused the price of Iso to skyrocket like everything else.

Remember that shizz ain't for drinkin' and if you buy too much you'll have the ATF on your azz for that too!
istockphoto-898656086-612x612.jpg

sand paper....
being you may have waxed your car, some gas on a rag may work. the overspray will be on the wax more than the paint. you can use spray carb cleaner, but you need to be carful and it can pull the paint off your car. if you use carb cleaner, be ready with a little soap and water to clean it off, then wax it again.
you may also want to park a little farther away from the targets or you may be asking how to patch bullet holes in your paint.... :boink:

The Iso worked great. Just went back out to wipe the area tested with a damp cloth, now there's no "drag" on your skin when you run your palm across the paint.

Thank God. I usually go immediately ATOMIC with M.E.K. or something more damaging when I do this type stuff. I think I channel Tim the Toolman sometimes. Why use a DeWalt 20 volt drill when you can use a Binford 6000 45 horsepower hammer drill?

Back
Top Bottom