Which 22 Can to Choose?

I just ordered a Warlock II. I've got a Mystic that will be clear of form 4 hell in a few weeks. The Mystic is good for everything down to .22, so .22lr only is fine with me.

Since the mystic is kind of heavy, I wanted as light as possible.

I looked at some test results from Silencerco and the ACC Element was the quietest including the FRP. They are pretty expensive.

when you're getting down to 1 or 2 decibels its hardly noticeable. the Element comes with a higher tag, AAC poor CS, and still no easy to remove clamshells.

If every last decibel is worth it go with the Element, as you know these are not flipant purchases so get what you want the first time.

I have an original Warlock that I sent off to be converted to a Warlock 2. I also own a stainless Sparrow. The Warlock 2 is much lighter because its all aluminum and is not mono core. Taking it apart and cleaning it while not difficult is far more time consuming. The Sparrow is heavier but MUCH easier to take apart and clean. I cannot tell much if any difference between the two in regards to sound reduction. I like them both but the ease of take apart and cleaning is worth the extra money.

Get the liberty essence if you don't mind the price. I have one as well as a sparrow, which is great too. If I could only have one, it would be th essence, it is lighter and less FRP. It is about an inch longer than the sparrow and doesn't clean as easy but it cleans up just fine. The core is a work of art IMO. List out what's the most important thing to you when it comes to features, weight, length, ease of cleaning, FRP, etc and the right choice will be obvious

Get the liberty essence if you don't mind the price. I have one as well as a sparrow, which is great too. If I could only have one, it would be th essence, it is lighter and less FRP. It is about an inch longer than the sparrow and doesn't clean as easy but it cleans up just fine. The core is a work of art IMO. List out what's the most important thing to you when it comes to features, weight, length, ease of cleaning, FRP, etc and the right choice will be obvious

On NFA chat they did a "what if you could do it over" thread, and a few of them said they would have cared alot less about having compact/light pistol cans as they don't particularly care for them and they aren't carrying them around holstered or anything, and they would have chosen performance/convenience over the length/weight savings. Coming from some long time suppressor guys It changed the way I looked at cans.

On NFA chat they did a "what if you could do it over" thread, and a few of them said they would have cared alot less about having compact/light pistol cans as they don't particularly care for them and they aren't carrying them around holstered or anything, and they would have chosen performance/convenience over the length/weight savings. Coming from some long time suppressor guys It changed the way I looked at cans.

Yeah I don't see the purpose of a mini suppressor. Sure it looks cool but only 10db - 20db MAX reduction. Thats pretty much useless in my opinion....

If I had a money tree, I'd get one but otherwise, I wouldn't think twice about it.

I've shot about every 22 can there is and if I could only have one, it would be an essence. I don't care so much about the length but weight means so mich in my book, being on the end of barrels all the time. There's only about 2 oz difference in the essence and sparrow but I can really notice the difference. I don't consider price since it is a lifelong purchase. Get what you want and enjoy

Yeah I don't see the purpose of a mini suppressor. Sure it looks cool but only 10db - 20db MAX reduction. Thats pretty much useless in my opinion....

If I had a money tree, I'd get one but otherwise, I wouldn't think twice about it.

A micro 22lr suppressor would look AWESOME on my 21a

only thing i would trade my element in for would be a stainless sparrow. just go with stainless. aluminum will wear with the cleaning required on rimfire cans

Back
Top Bottom