• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where to fire pistol in Paulding County

Paulding County Sheriff's department arrested a man on a charge of disorderly conduct for open carry which IS legal in Georgia so I would be VERY careful about actually shooting outdoors. The charges were eventually dropped, but, you could still get the headache. I would just drive to an indoor range close by.

Paulding County Sheriff's department arrested a man on a charge of disorderly conduct for open carry which IS legal in Georgia so I would be VERY careful about actually shooting outdoors. The charges were eventually dropped, but, you could still get the headache. I would just drive to an indoor range close by.

There has to be more to that story.....I am around cops all the time and I open carry a lot and never once have any of them questioned me..

Probably more to it than just open carry, the cops aren't that stupid on laws. The "disorderly conduct" isn't because he open carried, I'm sure. He was probably open carrying and taunting people. Honestly if it was really open carry and got arrested for nothing? He would have sued because going thru all the court process isn't cheap and to be dropped later? More to it than meets the eye.

Probably more to it than just open carry, the cops aren't that stupid on laws. The "disorderly conduct" isn't because he open carried, I'm sure. He was probably open carrying and taunting people. Honestly if it was really open carry and got arrested for nothing? He would have sued because going thru all the court process isn't cheap and to be dropped later? More to it than meets the eye.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/category/action-items/paulding-county-man-with-a-gun/

The officer's excuse was that by simply carrying open he was comitting "Disorderly Conduct" by putting others in a general state of fear. He did sue. Yes, some are THAT stupid on laws. I had one tell me that it was illegal to walk into Walmart because it was a "public gathering place" as defined by Georgia law. This is the kind of officer you can come across. It is in no way illegal to carry consealed inside Walmart if you are a legal carrier.

Back
Top Bottom