• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Where to find #4 Buckshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestick

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
14   0
Reaction score
It seems like the end of time. I just searched with every manufacturer and large reloading place I could find and nobody has any #4 buckshot for reloading. So I thought I would ask the O.D.T family if anyone knew of a place that had any. It's my last component to start reloading. I found some #3 and thought about replacing but I have a certain recipe that calls for the #4 and for some reason folks don't use the #3 as much. Any suggestions or Ideas welcome. Since the search for the #4 has been a bust I've decide to try the #3 buckshot,the only problem is the recipe so this is what I have. Win AA 2 3/4 hulls,Win 209 primers, Alliant red dot powder,WAA12F114 wads and now # 3 buckshot. If anyone knows a publication or load data info for this mix let me know. In the mean time I will look at reload manual or download one on kindle.

Last edited:
There is a place in Winterville that has a lot of reloading supplies. Not sure about #4 but would be worth a call to them. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the business. I will get the name and # and PM you prob around 9am.

Just called them and they're out like everybody else but it was worth a shot. He said it's been like this for 3 months now and it's running 48.00 dollars for a 25lb bag. Man I miss 70's prices.

I may have to if I can't find some or the manufacturer don't fire up production.It looks like Lee Precision is out of stock of the mold but that has crossed my mind. Thanks for the suggestion

Last edited:
Thanks for the help dovebuster, I found a 25lb bag of #3 buck but that was as close as I got. Even Lawrence is out,heck I've been going through my old reloading book looking up companys that specialize in shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom