• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Where is everyone getting their powder at

Just trying to see where everyone is getting powder at. Seems the hazmat and FedEx charges are almost as much as the powder itself. Currently looking for some Hodgdon TiteGroup.
There's a little gun shop about 45 minutes from me that carries a pretty good selection of powder. I've managed to get a of all the 6.8spc and .223 powders but for the life of me I cannot find 8208 XBR. Last time I looked at buying a pound of powder online it ended up being over 80 bucks for 1 lb.. That's just plain ridiculous!

I wait until I can buy a couple thousand primers or a couple of pounds of gun powder. Some times I buy on holiday weekends when many places offer free shipping or discounted shipping/hazmat. I live in rural south Ga and have never bought powder from a brick and mortar store. I have only purchased primers and that was last year I stumbled upon some at an academy while on vacation.

I found some bullseye at Midway and hate to pay the price but its what my snubs love under wadcutters. I have plenty of titegroup
You are not far from Butler and Barrows. Surely they have reloading supplies.

Typically the top three places to get powder and primers are Powder Valley, Midsouth Shooters Supply and sometimes Midway. If you are going to place an order, I usually try to order at least 5k primers, or 8-10lbs of powder to make it worthwhile. If you get on the mailing lists, they do special deals with free shipping or discounted Hazmat charges every so often. Stock up, order with friends, etc.

If anyone is on the north side of ATL and is ordering from powder valley, I'd be in for a few pounds and pay for a bit of the shipping/hazmat charges. Need a few pounds of some new stuff for testing..

I bought a fair amount of powder at TruPrep and Cherokee Gun and Pawn when I was in Canton.

Bass and Antler have surprisingly good selection of powders in Milledgeville. Bought 8lb jug of Varget a few months ago (score!) and recently got some H4831SC and H1000.

Back
Top Bottom