• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where do you buy your components?

Powder is $50 - $65 - $80/lb now.

Folks will say primers (small pistol) are $70/1,000 but show me where and I'll buy all they have.

Expect to pay $100/1,000 or more for special primers.

I suspect these prices are the new "norm."
That sounds about right. From what I can see everywhere I've looked online primers are around $80 per thousand but, then shipping/fees are around $30 so, it's not really worth it unless you're buying a lot at once.

Both would be a haul for you, but last week the new Academy at Perimeter Mall had tons of primers. They were either $6.99 or $7.99 per 100...I can't recall. And yesterday The Sports Center in Perry had tons of projectiles and powder (including 13lbs of the insanely elusive Varget). Yeah, it was expensive but hopefully as inventories grow, prices will retreat.

Both would be a haul for you, but last week the new Academy at Perimeter Mall had tons of primers. They were either $6.99 or $7.99 per 100...I can't recall. And yesterday The Sports Center in Perry had tons of projectiles and powder (including 13lbs of the insanely elusive Varget). Yeah, it was expensive but hopefully as inventories grow, prices will retreat.
Chucks has some Varget, but it's $69.99/lb.

Up here in VA its not much better. LRP's you can forget. I do however have a little place between two cities and they a excellent selection of AR15 friends powder I just stocked up on. H335, AA 2200 and AA2015 which was just recommended to me for 65gr. Sierra Game Kings. $42 a lb.. Not to bad. No large but a ton of SRP and pistol primers but they aren't cheap anywhere. One of the sales reps told me to keep checking because they get different powders in all the time so I'm optimistic about that source.

The only downside about ordering on the Internet is you got to pay a Hazmat fee which can be 15 or 20 bucks. By that time you spent $80 on a pound of powder it's freaking ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom