• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where do you buy your components?

Grandmasta J

Default rank <2000 posts
Wangjangler
117   0
Reaction score
I just started reloading and, I'd like to find somewhere locally that sells reloading components for a decent price. I'm mainly looking for primers and powder locally so I can sample a few here and there and, find out what I like without having to pay shipping and hazmat fees for such a small amount. Where do you guys go to get yours? Thanks

Powder is $50 - $65 - $80/lb now.

Folks will say primers (small pistol) are $70/1,000 but show me where and I'll buy all they have.

Expect to pay $100/1,000 or more for special primers.

I suspect these prices are the new "norm."
Damn I hope not. Keep looking at a Dillon 750 but with component prices the way they are it makes me not want to bother.

I just started reloading and, I'd like to find somewhere locally that sells reloading components for a decent price. I'm mainly looking for primers and powder locally so I can sample a few here and there and, find out what I like without having to pay shipping and hazmat fees for such a small amount. Where do you guys go to get yours? Thanks
GA Arms in Villa Rica is a great place typically to find and try different powders.

I haven't seen primers for less than $125/1000, SRP seem to be more abundant than others, SPP aren't as rare, but good luck finding them. LRP and LPP are made from a new mineral called unobtainium and as rare as an honest politician.

Alot of reloaders are bailing from what I have noticed!

Primers 125ish
Powder 50ish
Bullets 100ish give or take.

So with thoose numbers your looking at roughly 27 cents a round! If you can only use 1 pound of powder if you need more than a pound per 1k then 33 cents a round.

The math to save a ton of money is no longer for most cartridges!
Factory ammo prices are on the decline. Yet component costs on our level havent budged at all yet.

Luckly I have a stash still that I am reloading from. I wouldnt suggest for someone to start from scratch right now. Unless you doing odd rounds that havent been see in ages!

Alot of reloaders are bailing from what I have noticed!

Primers 125ish
Powder 50ish
Bullets 100ish give or take.

So with thoose numbers your looking at roughly 27 cents a round! If you can only use 1 pound of powder if you need more than a pound per 1k then 33 cents a round.

The math to save a ton of money is no longer for most cartridges!
Factory ammo prices are on the decline. Yet component costs on our level havent budged at all yet.

Luckly I have a stash still that I am reloading from. I wouldnt suggest for someone to start from scratch right now. Unless you doing odd rounds that havent been see in ages!
I think the only reason to reload today is control and ability to shoot oddball catridges.

Midway/Ebay/Amazon for equipment. I just buy what I can come across in person for powder and primers. Got some spm primers for $90 at a gun show. Outdoor Depot in Gainesville usually has powder. If I need brass then I usually get online from Diamond K.

I do not reload for saving money primarily. I just like doing it.

Back
Top Bottom