• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are all the stripped uppers?

OP is real quiet...probably building some ARs right now.

Naw. I just can't find parts where I'm at. I barely have the tools myself. Didn't realize that many people got in to building to dry up parts in metro atlanta. I see people get butt hurt real easy here.

No stripped uppers at truprep, gafl, or my other locals. A few lowers here and there. Mostly Anderson and a few I've never seen before pre rona. Oh, well.

Naw. I just can't find parts where I'm at. I barely have the tools myself. Didn't realize that many people got in to building to dry up parts in metro atlanta. I see people get butt hurt real easy here.

No stripped uppers at truprep, gafl, or my other locals. A few lowers here and there. Mostly Anderson and a few I've never seen before pre rona. Oh, well.

dude, don’t take me seriously, but you answered your own question. You said metro Atlanta. The state turned blue bc of Atlanta. It sucks, I know, but if you get outside the Atlanta area there are a lot of parts available. Ammo, not so much, but parts yes. Macon, where I’m from is a blue city, but all the guns stores have stripped uppers available. They aren’t selling parts bc guys want instant gratification and low risk so they buy complete rifles. My go to shop can’t keep giesselle rifles on the shelf.

dude, don’t take me seriously, but you answered your own question. You said metro Atlanta. The state turned blue bc of Atlanta. It sucks, I know, but if you get outside the Atlanta area there are a lot of parts available. Ammo, not so much, but parts yes. Macon, where I’m from is a blue city, but all the guns stores have stripped uppers available. They aren’t selling parts bc guys want instant gratification and low risk so they buy complete rifles. My go to shop can’t keep giesselle rifles on the shelf.
Wasn't taking you seriously. I wasn't referring to you guys in my OP. It's been weird. For a moment there, it didn't seem like any ars were moving on OTD or retail. Next thing you know, everyone is picking them all up and the only things on shelves are PSAs, Anderson's, and Radical. Say what you will about those brnads, but I have an orphaned barrel waiting for a mate. I'm in no hurry, just disappointed in the local inventory. Might make that trip to Macon.

Wasn't taking you seriously. I wasn't referring to you guys in my OP. It's been weird. For a moment there, but didn't seem like any Cars were moving on OTD or retail. Next thing you know, everyone is picking them all up and the only things on shelves are PSAs, Anderson's, and Radical. Say what you will about those brnads, but I have an orphaned barrel waiting for a mate. I'm in no hurry, just disappointed in the local inventory. Might make that trip to Macon.

I like Anderson and PSA. Nothing wrong with them. I own several ARs Built off them. Several hundred rounds down them and multiple deer and hogs taken with those rifles.

I like Anderson and PSA. Nothing wrong with them. I own several ARs Built off them. Several hundred rounds down them and multiple deer and hogs taken with those rifles.

Yea, I don't think I'd have a problem with getting them either. Just looking for a matching upper/lower. Lowers don't seem to be that big of an issue. Stripped uppers are not around here. Guess I'll have to wait or pick one up closer to you when I'm passing through.

Have you used the Anderson upper with the large ejection port? Been curious about those for a 450 bm build.

Yea, I don't think I'd have a problem with getting them either. Just looking for a matching upper/lower. Lowers don't seem to be that big of an issue. Stripped uppers are not around here. Guess I'll have to wait or pick one up closer to you when I'm passing through.

Have you used the Anderson upper with the large ejection port? Been curious about those for a 450 bm build.

no I haven’t. I used several Anderson lowers but with mixed match uppers like rock river arms, PSA, or S&W. No issues. I’m sure if you build properly off a Anderson upper/lower you’ll be fine. Didn’t realize they made 450BM specific uppers. I need to check that out.

I was in truprep Thursday and they had a load of Anderson and Aero uppers on the shelf. They get them pretty regularly. I bought one direct from Aero last week (had to refresh the blem section a few times but one showed up) and it's en route as a backup for a pistol build. Plenty selling on AR15.com exchange as well. Nabbed a beautiful Vltor PCC upper there.

no I haven’t. I used several Anderson lowers but with mixed match uppers like rock river arms, PSA, or S&W. No issues. I’m sure if you build properly off a Anderson upper/lower you’ll be fine. Didn’t realize they made 450BM specific uppers. I need to check that out.
It's not specifically for the 450. It's for the calibers that require a larger eject port, ie 450, 50.

Back
Top Bottom