• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your SHTF rifle?

Colt LE 6920 closest thing to what I carried in the Army.

Love my Sig 556R in 7.62x39 and my Steyr AUG but 5.56 will be easier to find as well as mags and parts.
Colt LE 6920.JPG

Colt 6720.
As the homies say, Y'all better recognize!
+2 on the Colt 6720. I have a can on it and a Trijicon RX34. I have a vest with 30 rd HK sand resistant mags (I prefer the twenty rd old Colt USGI mags though) if I have to get up and go.

+2 on the Colt 6720. I have a can on it and a Trijicon RX34. I have a vest with 30 rd HK sand resistant mags (I prefer the twenty rd old Colt USGI mags though) if I have to get up and go.

Great minds! I've got 4 - 20 round Colt mags loaded up with free parting gifts ready to go.

Quality AR-15, 14.5" barrel, 1/7twist, mid-length gas, VLTOR A5 buffer system.

Lots of manufactures build that rifle, so take your preferred rollmarks, furniture and accessories, or build your own, but I think that's a pretty proven system. Light weight, accurate, user friendly, gonna be hard to beat in a SHTF situation as a do all rifle.

That is exactly what I did, fast and accurate. Topped of was IMI 77 gr bthp.

Depends on the situation for a most likely “civil unrest” type situation I would like my Sig 716 AR10 with the Sierra scope dialed in slightly high at 100 yards and the crimson trace rail master pro for close range it also has light with a strobe effect that would be useful for disorienting someone. If it was some type of less likely long term apocalyptic scenario I would want my Ruger GSR also chambered in .308 with some decent glass on it. The sights are dead on out to 50 I know for sure and I would have the scope mounted with a quick detach mount incase it became too damaged to use. I’d only have the 1 10 rd mag but I’d keep several smaller easier to carry 5 rounders in a pocket for quicker reloads. It only weighs 6.5lbs without a scope so I could carry it all day long much easier than I could my easily 10lb AR10.
DD4F7677-5D33-42AF-9ABD-9DDC6F7236DD.jpeg
042408BE-C55F-4782-B7FE-E4FD493A9877.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom