• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's yer bottom dollar

Trailrider

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
117   1
Reaction score
Why? How much are you willing to pay?

Seriously, why don't people know how to negotiate anymore? Not just here on ODT but anything.

I was selling a truck on FB Marketplace and I'd say 90% of the texts started out like that. And I'd just respond with either the price I had it listed or asked what they would pay. They either don't respond or get mad. Why am I going to tell you my bottom dollar right off the bat when I know you're just going to offer less than what I say? Furthermore, why are you making an offer before you've even come out to look at it? Like at least test drive it and look at everything first :lol:

I finally sold it, but not for my bottom dollar.

It's happened plenty here too though.

Why? How much are you willing to pay?

Seriously, why don't people know how to negotiate anymore? Not just here on ODT but anything.

I was selling a truck on FB Marketplace and I'd say 90% of the texts started out like that. And I'd just respond with either the price I had it listed or asked what they would pay. They either don't respond or get mad. Why am I going to tell you my bottom dollar right off the bat when I know you're just going to offer less than what I say? Furthermore, why are you making an offer before you've even come out to look at it? Like at least test drive it and look at everything first :lol:

I finally sold it, but not for my bottom dollar.

It's happened plenty here too though.
And that question ALWAYS comes before they even show up to see it

And that question ALWAYS comes before they even show up to see it
Always. It's asked before they even ask for the VIN or any details about it. I would never discuss price on a vehicle until I'd checked the VIN and any issues it may have or work it may need.

Always. It's asked before they even ask for the VIN or any details about it. I would never discuss price on a vehicle until I'd checked the VIN and any issues it may have or work it may need.
On vehicles, I usually just tell them, “if you need to ask that before you even see it, then you may want to lower your expectations and look for something cheaper”

Back
Top Bottom