What type of Generator do you own ?

I am planning a water wheel with a gearing belt setup to an alternator to a battery bank with an inverter. It's in the planning stages right now so that might not count as an answer to your question but its my 2 cents

I need to order the ones off Amazon (I have Prime also, damn addictive). I am in the same boat, initially wanted a large one, but I think two or three small ones is the best way to go. That way you can move them around easier, and you're right, if one breaks, you're not totally screwed.

Honda 3500, cant remember the model. It will run the whole house minus A/C, oven and water heater. I also have a little Yamaha 1000 for when gas starts running low to keep the freezers cold and charge phones etc...

I've been reading conflicting info regarding power requirements for a deep well. One source says 700 watts while others say 3K, while more say 5.5K....

Anybody have experience running a well with a 1 HP motor, with a 3k generator, such as the WEN mentioned above?

If you can find a label with "Full Load Amps" on the pump Motor, then multiply the Amperage by the voltage on the same label, you will have a close calculation, I would add at least 10% maybe more "cushion".
I've been reading conflicting info regarding power requirements for a deep well. One source says 700 watts while others say 3K, while more say 5.5K....

Anybody have experience running a well with a 1 HP motor, with a 3k generator, such as the WEN mentioned above?

None for me thanks. I guess I'm looking at long term. Like, oops, out of gas, now what? So getting on a genny seems like intentionally getting hooked on dope. And too, they are mostly noisy. Which to me makes the owner a target, or at least a rallying point for the needy. Sometimes at night when driving way out in the country you may notice how dark and quiet it is. But as you get within 20 miles of a town, or gas station or whatever you can see the halo of light long before you get there. In a post SHTF world ANY electric light will be a beacon. Any combustion engine will be a call. For me, I'd rather go primitive real fast than attract that much attention.

Back
Top Bottom