• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to get in a $1500 AR?

There's a lot of good info in this thread. I'm going to say the new Colt is not as good as the older Colt's. If you can find an old colt then you'll be good.

PSA is alright but I would buy my own parts and put them together.

FN makes top of the line stuff. Noveske makes excellent AR's but are pricey. If you want a factory rifle I'd find something in the $1,000 range and use the other 500 for optics.

You can build a reliable AR for around $1,000. If resell is the driving factor buy a completed rifle then change everything on it. Grip, stock, handguard, trigger, this is the reason I put mine together. You're likely to change most or what came in the rifle anyways.

An older colt or bushmaster from the 90's would always be a good choice. Some of the police departments around here use rock river AR's. Not sure on quality but they have to be decent for a police department to use them.

For $1500 he can get a SOLGW midlength carbine and have $200-$250 left over. You won’t find a better AR for more money.

Alternately, I can help him source the parts for a comparable build, and help him build it.
I will speak with him and get back to you. Thanks to all the other responses. ODT rocks.

For $1500 he can get a SOLGW midlength carbine and have $200-$250 left over. You won’t find a better AR for more money.

Alternately, I can help him source the parts for a comparable build, and help him build it.
Do you have these at TruPrep? Seems like SOLGW website has been OOS for a while.

Back
Top Bottom