What to do with used propane forklift?

Probably just the seal on the tranny. These are not hard to replace but you will need some heavy equipment to do it.

No heavy equipment or special tools needed.
The amount of stuff you need to remove to do anything makes working on the older ones seem overwhelming. As long as you accept it's gonna suck you'll be fine.
None of it's really hard, just time consuming and covered in 40 years of crap (technical term). They packed a lot of stuff in a tiny space.

No heavy equipment or special tools needed.
The amount of stuff you need to remove to do anything makes working on the older ones seem overwhelming. As long as you accept it's gonna suck you'll be fine.
None of it's really hard, just time consuming and covered in 40 years of crap (technical term). They packed a lot of stuff in a tiny space.

I agree, I have worked for two forklift manufacturers and ran their warehouses for over 15 years. I have seen all the parts for these come in and then be assembled on the line. Pulling one of these apart needs a lot of room and a hoist or another forklift to do it.

I wanted the engine for a whole house generator but I don't have the time to strip it down.

Guess I'll throw a new battery on it and see if it still cranks and runs fine. I think the boss wants it out of here asap but maybe he'll give me a little time to tinker with it.

My boss wants me to find someone to haul an older Clark propane forklift off for scrap metal. I get half the profit. It pours transmission fluid but the transmission works if you fill it up. It cranks, moves, lifts and runs fine and only has 2900 hours on the engine.

I just can't see selling it for scrap metal would be more profitable than trying to sell it, part it out, or at least pulling the engine and doing something with it.

Any suggestions?

call any forklift co they will give FMV(fair market value) for used lifts and usually pick it up!

Back
Top Bottom