what to do with 6 year old during winter break?

Single shot 22, I just happen to have one & can add enough ammo & targets to last all month.
wife and I are waiting a bit more to take him shooting. He's pretty sensitive to loud noises so I want to do with a can at our family farm in PA for his first time, rather than an indoor range. he's also pretty small still, and I don't want to ruin the experience for him
Take him outside

Red top mountain - iron hill trail
Carterville - pine mountain trail
Kennesaw - Kennesaw mountain trails
we're going to do some of these for sure
Do you both have bikes?
we don't. he does but I can keep up with him well enough on foot.

Here's another out, get some hamburger and some veggies, have him create his own hobo dinner, build a little fire out in the yard or woods and cook em up. My kids LOVED doing that when they were youngsters. They'd be so proud to have "cooked their own meal".

Here's another out, get some hamburger and some veggies, have him create his own hobo dinner, build a little fire out in the yard or woods and cook em up. My kids LOVED doing that when they were youngsters. They'd be so proud to have "cooked their own meal".
we do that a lot actually. have fires in the yard probably 2x a week. Big part of the reason we moved here from Tx was to get the kids into the kid of woods the wife and I grew up in years ago in PA.

My older two boys (3 &5) love hiking through the woods with me. Be sure to help him find or make him a cool walking stick, he will use it to hit everything he sees in the woods, and love it! Also randomly shoot a slingshot is fun for them, I take them to shoot their 22 rascal but no where near as fun to them as a slingshot. You could help him build a bird house or something else cool for him to be proud of too.

just realizing my ~6 year old is off all the same days I am over christmas break. Wife and younger brother are still in school, so getting really crazy is out. Besides waffle house and random adventures, what do you all suggest?
A huge box of crayons and a couple of huge cardboard boxes can become many things to a kid. Depending on where you live you can give him a large pile of dirt to play in. My friend's boy asked for a huge pile of dirt for Christmas and that's what he got. That pile became the surface of the moon, battleship, fort, bicycle jump, a foxhole and a bridge.

I took my 2 daughters 7 and 8 over there to play and they placed one kid on one side and 2 on the other. All kids commenced to tunneling through to the center to meet in the middle and created a bridge. It took about 4 hours and they had a blast. When I took my wife to go pick them up, all three are standing on the bridge they built with huge big grins and black from head to toe. Direct quote from my wife "What they hell did you do to my beautiful daughters" LOL. They had a blast. My wife washed their clothes 3 times to get the dirt out. If mine were still little that's exactly what I would do. A 16 ton truck load of clean dirt. What a blast!! Whatever you decide to do do it together. They are only little once and time goes so fast and is so short.

A huge box of crayons and a couple of huge cardboard boxes can become many things to a kid. Depending on where you live you can give him a large pile of dirt to play in. My friend's boy asked for a huge pile of dirt for Christmas and that's what he got. That pile became the surface of the moon, battleship, fort, bicycle jump, a foxhole and a bridge.

I took my 2 daughters 7 and 8 over there to play and they placed one kid on one side and 2 on the other. All kids commenced to tunneling through the center to meet in the middle and created a bridge. It took about 4 hours and they had a blast. When I took my wife to go pick them up, all three are standing on the bridge they built with a big grins and black from head to toe. Direct quote from my wife "What they hell did you do to my beautiful daughters" LOL. They had a blast. My wife washed their clothes 3 times to get the dirt out.
Nice! We already have a 20’x20’ plot in our yard where they do that. I buried a 3D printed dinosaur claw for them to find and now the 6 year old has asked me how to look up becoming an Archeologist.

Back
Top Bottom