• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What should I get?

I was always under the impression the term "assault rifle" referred to a fully automatic or select fire rifle...has nothing to do with our AR-15s that are semi automatic.

Give the new kid a little time he will learn. Though by definition yes you are correct. Though if you want something that will make your head hurt think about this. In the news when a civilian uses an AR15 to defend themselves they shoot whomever with an assault rifle, however, whenever a police officer uses the exact same rifle it is suddenly a patrol rifle. Think about.... a rose by any other name... not when the media is involved.

Your picture is of a standard AR15 with a govt profile barrel, nearly all manufacturers that I'm aware of offer this set up. LMT, Daniel Defense, and Colt would be my top three choices because of their reliability and resale value. These can be found in the $900-$1200 price range for this configuration. Buy once, cry once; get one you will be satisfied with both now and later on down the road.

QFT, in all honesty, when it comes to buying a true Ar-15 A3, and not an M4orgery, get something you can keep for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom