• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What should I get?

killstatic

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
63   0
Reaction score
I'm new to assault rifles and I don't know what i should get AR15/M4? I would like something that shoots 5.56/.223 nothing fancy and super reliable. whats the price range of these guns, anything i should look for in getting an assault rifle?

I would like it to look like this
images.wikia.com_residentevil_images_b_b8_M4large.jpg

I'll try to say this as eloquently as possible,

"Assault Rifle" is a term used by anti-gun legislators to make our "black guns" look like murder weapons. "AR" or "AR-15" is the preferred nomenclature. :D

Armalite Rifle, yadda yadda..

To answer your question, any flattop AR-15 should do the trick.

I'm new to assault rifles and I don't know what i should get AR15/M4? I would like something that shoots 5.56/.223 nothing fancy and super reliable. whats the price range of these guns, anything i should look for in getting an assault rifle?

I would like it to look like this
images.wikia.com_residentevil_images_b_b8_M4large.jpg

I was in the same boat as you, thus for starters and range fun- M&P 15 Sport. $599 at Adventure Outdoors, and if you feel the need for a FA and dust cover, you can always upgrade the upper down the road. I'll find the link for when I was in the same boat as you. As far as price, I'm sure they can get up to multiple thousands

EDIT- http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?58692-AR-enthusiasts...I-need-some-help.

Your picture is of a standard AR15 with a govt profile barrel, nearly all manufacturers that I'm aware of offer this set up. LMT, Daniel Defense, and Colt would be my top three choices because of their reliability and resale value. These can be found in the $900-$1200 price range for this configuration. Buy once, cry once; get one you will be satisfied with both now and later on down the road.

Your picture is of a standard AR15 with a govt profile barrel, nearly all manufacturers that I'm aware of offer this set up. LMT, Daniel Defense, and Colt would be my top three choices because of their reliability and resale value. These can be found in the $900-$1200 price range for this configuration. Buy once, cry once; get one you will be satisfied with both now and later on down the road.

Pretty much, but BCM is also a good choice. If you absolutely much spend like Delton is the one I would go with as far as an entry level AR goes. I have handled them and they are good for learning the platform, just not my first choice for duty work. As far as the sport models go... They are cheaper for a reason and the fact they build them on a different upper, which means different machining and thus more cost, should tell you that they are cutting more corners then just no dust cover. Get an actual AR15 and work with that. Also, don't put POS airsoft crap on the rifle when you get it, spend the money and get parts that are worth a damn and no cheap and poorly made.

I was always under the impression the term "assault rifle" referred to a fully automatic or select fire rifle...has nothing to do with our AR-15s that are semi automatic.

I think I'm going to go with "murder weapons," I think that's about the best name I've ever heard.

Back
Top Bottom