What should I do?

Provided there aren't any laws against shooting a gun in my backyard, I'd wait until I knew they were home and the dog was running around outside (preferably out of their view)... Then walk out my backdoor and fire a .300 Win Mag into the ground.

I'm sure that BOOM will draw someone outside with a upset look on their face. I might even ask if they were willing to reconsider the kennel or fence now before it's too late.

Then again, some people say I'm mean.

It sounds like they are not getting it... you are in a no win situation.... but if they are not responsive to what you are indicating.... bottom line....protect your own....

Starting a family feud over a few chickens is not something I would do. Life is not fair, they're giving you their chickens to amend the wrong, be the bigger person and figure a way to keep it from happening again - maybe a fenced in chicken coop? That's the downside of living so close to family.

Not the first of their dogs to cost me money. Had lab that chewed up seats on a gocart, dirt bike, and mower. I was said to be in the wrong. I had to kennel my dog to keep the peace, now it's their turn.

Back
Top Bottom