• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Kind of Gun/Caliber are you using opening day of Gun/Deer Season

Most shots in the Ga woods are 100 yards or less anyway. I can't imagine it being anything but lethal in the hardwoods. I have strongly considered purchasing one. Thanks for responding. Good luck with it.

You wont regret it... my ONLY complaint is that when inserting the mag it is NOISY..BIG click...im not fond of climbin with one in the pipe, but ...

Modified Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker in 300 WSM shooting Barnes 168 grain Tipped Triple Shock bullets. Absolute reliability. A cleanly dead deer with every shot.

Stainless Ruger M77 MKII 270 set up with a Timney trigger at a 3 lb pull. I had it blowing the bulls eye out at 100 yards yesterday. My favorite rifle.

^ Can't find anywhere here either. Might organize a trip to my parents farm. In that case, either a Tikka 7mm Mag, or old tang save Ruger M77 in .270 win.

if I can find anywhere to hunt for this year, my Stainless Ruger Gunsite Scout.

There is a ton of public land available. You just need to be willing to go about a 1/2 mile deep and the woods will be pretty much all yours. Forget about special hunts on the WMAs. Just find public land that has the same basic season as private (other than the December break) and you are good to go. I have hunted several clubs and ALL of them had much more pressure on them than deep public land. We kill lots of deer every year and there are quality bucks on the property, too. You just need to be willing to really scout beforehand and wait for the opportunity. We even preposition climbing stands before the season. Most of them are stashed near the location we will hunt, but I have left one of them on the tree for four years now with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom