• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your "fastest" knife?

BackWoods

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
132   0
Reaction score
Just something fun I thought I'd post for all us blade-a-holics.

Besides an automatic, what is your fastest deploying/opening knife? Mine has got to be the Kershaw Scallion. It must be the combination of weight & springs. This bad boy is fasssstttt! It almost flies out of my hand. I usually carry it as a BUB(back up blade)

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_05_damapuve.jpg

Still getting into knives, have carried a basic Gerber for work stuff, now want to expand into better blades. Not so much worried about quick deployment, kinda looking for better blade life / less sharpening, durability.
sorry for the derailure :(

Kind of a toss up... my plain old Kershaw Leek (1660- no coatings or colors) is easily as fast as my Microtech Ultratech. The Kershaw Thermite is a close second, but the blade is much bigger and a little heavier, so not quite as fast to go "SNAP!" but still pretty quick.

Still getting into knives, have carried a basic Gerber for work stuff, now want to expand into better blades. Not so much worried about quick deployment, kinda looking for better blade life / less sharpening, durability.
sorry for the derailure :(

It's just a fun thread man! No worries!

It's just a fun thread man! No worries!

So what's a moderately priced blade meeting the specs I mentioned? (I ordered the Kershaw Crown last night); I'd like an all-around blade .... fast opening, sturdy, maintain an edge, etc

ETA: Above all, I prefer something that is sturdy & keeps it's edge above all other features

So what's a moderately priced blade meeting the specs I mentioned? (I ordered the Kershaw Crown last night); I'd like an all-around blade .... fast opening, sturdy, maintain an edge, etc

ETA: Above all, I prefer something that is sturdy & keeps it's edge above all other features

http://www.midwayusa.com/technicalnotes/application_pages/knife_steel_and_handle_material_chart.htm

Use this chart. Some of the harder steels: D2,S30V,154CM are going to cost more but, will hold an edge longer. Nothing wrong at all with steels like: Aus8,8cr12mov,etc. The latter will sharpen up quicker but, might lose an edge a bit quicker.

I'm stuck in the 90's. I carry a CRKT M16-02Z that I've had since 1999. I had to look at the blade to read off the model number. :-)

Back
Top Bottom