What is the worst deal you have ever seen on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently there is an ad for a used Sig M17, that is $250 over full retail... $300 over retail if you want to trade, and he will not drive more than 10 minutes to meet you, and the M17 patch that comes with the gun, he is very adamant that you cannot have that for your 40% markup over retail and long drive you will have to make.

And of his 6 feedbacks, one is a negative for not showing...

But when you look at his wording and disclaimers, it's clear that this is a second account. LOL

And before anyone says, "Yeah, but good luck finding one in stock"... GGS in Gainesville has FOUR of them, in the same coyote color, in stock right now for $599. :-)

you forgot to add it doesn’t even come with two 21 round mags and 1 17, just 2 17 rounders lol.

I just did a quick scan and some math on the first page of the Handguns page.

Almost every single item for sale, is listed at 40-50% more than retail. And hardly any of them are rare or hard to find. Most of them could be had new, at a local dealer either today or within a week, for literally hundreds less.

I see a SCCY pistol for $300, and I see dealers still selling them for $189 which is what they are worth... A Taurus G2C for $350 when the LGS usually has them in stock for $214... the list goes on, and on...

Many of them make the claim, "This is a good price in this market"... BS. When dealers stock them for hundreds less, that's "the market"... lol

I just did a quick scan and some math on the first page of the Handguns page.

Almost every single item for sale, is listed at 40-50% more than retail. And hardly any of them are rare or hard to find. Most of them could be had new, at a local dealer either today or within a week, for literally hundreds less.

I see a SCCY pistol for $300, and I see dealers still selling them for $189 which is what they are worth... A Taurus G2C for $350 when the LGS usually has them in stock for $214... the list goes on, and on...

Many of them make the claim, "This is a good price in this market"... BS. When dealers stock them for hundreds less, that's "the market"... lol

otd skews prices a lot, and you do have to remember not everyone buys from dahlonega/ga gun store, so their local places might be jamming people too. Gunbroker doesn’t help either. One day a virtus sells for over $3k, the next you can buy it online for $2200, or find it cheaper at a local spot randomly.

otd skews prices a lot, and you do have to remember not everyone buys from dahlonega/ga gun store, so their local places might be jamming people too. Gunbroker doesn’t help either. One day a virtus sells for over $3k, the next you can buy it online for $2200, or find it cheaper at a local spot randomly.

Sure... but I am willing to bet that 90% of the folks know what LGS's are selling them for, and just marking it up anyway because they figure that someone out there that is ignorant of that fact, will pay them 50% over retail because they simply don't know any better... Which is fine, whatever... But claiming that it's "what the market is today" when we all know for a fact and can list 6+ local dealers not charging those prices... that's where I feel compelled to point out the lie... lol

Sure... but I am willing to bet that 90% of the folks know what LGS's are selling them for, and just marking it up anyway because they figure that someone out there that is ignorant of that fact, will pay them 50% over retail because they simply don't know any better... Which is fine, whatever... But claiming that it's "what the market is today" when we all know for a fact and can list 6+ local dealers not charging those prices... that's where I feel compelled to point out the lie... lol

Be NiCe tO tHe OP oR GiT BaNd! Seig!

Capture+_2020-12-14-19-16-15-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom