• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What have you reloaded today?

I ended up processing around 1500 over a few days. I took around 100 that were ready to go, primed them and put them in a bag.

A few nights later I decided I wanted to load them... man... the 100 primed went super fast.
Have you converted any .223 to .300 bo. Saw a video of the RT1500 trimmer and it was amazing!! Forward to 6:00 and be amazed! I’m 100% getting this for .223,.300bo and .308.

So looking this over.. https://www.dillonprecision.com/rt1500-electric-case-trimmer_8_8_26196.html

You're telling me it'd be $625 + tax, shipping, and long wait to get to get setup to trim converted 300blk on a Dillon? Even the fact that I could sell 1k pieces of 300blk on gunbroker for $330, I still wouldn't get this setup.. you'd really need to be doing it for a living to offset costs. Press, drill press, mini chop saw, chop saw jig, dies, rotary cutter, and even a wet tumbler with media.. I think all of that cost me $360 and with that I can do a lot more than cut a single caliber of brass.

Still looks nice though :)

So looking this over.. https://www.dillonprecision.com/rt1500-electric-case-trimmer_8_8_26196.html

You're telling me it'd be $625 + tax, shipping, and long wait to get to get setup to trim converted 300blk on a Dillon? Even the fact that I could sell 1k pieces of 300blk on gunbroker for $330, I still wouldn't get this setup.. you'd really need to be doing it for a living to offset costs. Press, drill press, mini chop saw, chop saw jig, dies, rotary cutter, and even a wet tumbler with media.. I think all of that cost me $360 and with that I can do a lot more than cut a single caliber of brass.

Still looks nice though :)

Never saw it done before and it was amazingly fast. You need to remember I’ve been stuck home sick and miserable with Covid. I may not be thinking clearly lol! Time vs. money and all that. My brass prep takes up a lot of time and my hands are toast after processing 1000 rounds of .223. For a grand I’m getting one when they are more plentiful. If I can decap , swage , size and trim touching the case once, I have to have it.......I haven’t yet, but before I do another couple thousand cases I’ll have one. Low volume it’s not necessary. You can also make 6.8spc brass and that would also be huge for me. Any brass you want to convert they have a die for.

I totally understand the time vs. Money thing! The older I get the more I've come to realize there's only so many hours in a day, and it always seems I never have enough time to accomplish what I intended... and I'm single with no children. It just boggles my mind how people can find time for reloading with a full family life going on.

I'd be down if it was only $374.. but then I saw the need for all of this.
More power to your brass processing, it's always nice to get large amounts done as it's the real time killer.]

Thanks to the individual who left the spent cases behind, I’ve got a little pocket full of .357sig

9ABEB2BF-C2B0-4A1B-BF47-B09AD538249C.jpeg
B926E810-E778-4FEF-822F-7257B49DEE84.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom