• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What grunt call do yall use?

I usually Just yell...hay Jarhead get over here. HAHA Go Army

I did the yell 2 years ago. Had 4 go behind me and they were trotting along with no intent on stopping. I had to rotate over my left shoulder, and when the last one came by I yelled hey deer. He stoppped in his tracks and thats all she wrote.

I have a no name adjustable accordion type call that goes from young distress to mature buck with a little o-ring.
I also have a primos doe bleat call.

I have called in does with young buck calls blindly and usually they will circle around me silently and come within 30 yards directly behind me almost every time.

I did a blind doe bleat once in the mountains and a minute later a very big buck with a stark white rack came up the ridge below me very cautiously and would only move when the wind blew as it was blowing hard that day.
When the wind stopped he would crouch down or hunker next to a large tree.

He walked directly away from me and I bleated again when he was about 40 yards away, and he turned left then left again and walked right towards me.
I was ready for him until. I blinked and he just totally vanished never to be seen that day again.

This is a weird one but my grandson had this little purple pig toy that makes a grunt noise when you squeeze it that sounds so much like a mature buck.
Finally my yorkie was able to tear up the toy to the point where it did not work anymore so Ai pulled out the noisemaker which was very similar to a grunt call.

It's the best sounding call I've ever tested and I can do a very low, soft grunt which I've heard bucks do in the woods to a full blown roar.
I haven't used it in the field yet but in hope to try it this season.

Back
Top Bottom