• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What grunt call do yall use?

none, I have always been able to imitate a young fawn bleating. stops them pretty quick if I see them walking through my area

Man I would carry one, the big 10 point on my wall was brought back using one. He was following a doe and they went into some thick stuff and when I hit the grunt she came running back out looking for the source of the grunt and led him right into my shooting lane. Every year 1-2 of the deer I get are turned around and come back in because of using a grunt. The only time I blow it is when the deer are close but heading away. I never blind call. Here is a picture of a deer that never would have hit the ground by me with out it. Give it a whirl it really cant hurt.
427645_2643026037662_2092518699_n.jpg

I have never had a buck react to a grunt call, not even look my way in 25 yrs. of hunting, a doe or fawn yes

I would say it works about 50% of the time. When it does work it's like magic. Like I said if a buck is tailing a doe in the rut I have pulled them in several time's because the buck will follow the doe. I had a little 4 point last year that I grunted up, he came under me in the stand and got about out of sight and I hit it again and he came running back in. It was fun playing with him but he didn't have a clue where it was coming from. I have never grunted in any big bucks but like with the 10 I grunted in the doe he was following.

I would say it works about 50% of the time. When it does work it's like magic. Like I said if a buck is tailing a doe in the rut I have pulled them in several time's because the buck will follow the doe. I had a little 4 point last year that I grunted up, he came under me in the stand and got about out of sight and I hit it again and he came running back in. It was fun playing with him but he didn't have a clue where it was coming from. I have never grunted in any big bucks but like with the 10 I grunted in the doe he was following.

I agree rut is about the only time I get a reaction but it works

Anybody tried a ground grunter the logic seems sound

Back
Top Bottom