• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What exactly bothers you about ammo flippers?

You don't think the fact that ammo isn't sitting on the shelf longer than a couple of minutes is increasing profits? You honestly believe that this record setting demand isn't increasing profits? :wacko:

Yes, it's increasing profits. I just don't believe the net effect from flipping is huge. Ammo manufacturer's are loving it. I don't think it's having a tremendous impact on retailers though. Money that goes to ammo isn't going to other things. If 22LR was plentiful, we'd probably still see stock Ruger 10/22's for $400.

Yes, I'm guessing here. Neither of us can really estimate the flipper effect on GDP. I guess I kinda see your point though. Any activity in the firearm community is good in theory. Flippers are still the douchebags of the community.

I understand your point brother. You are missing mine.
No, I totally see your point. I just disagree with it. What you are basically saying is some people cannot afford something and as such other people need to change their behavior so the less fortunate has what they want. Perhaps instead the less fortunate should concentrate on putting themselves in a better situation so they can afford what their heart desires. I want a new Powerstroke Diesel but can't afford one right now. Should everyone else quit buying them so the price drops to a level I can afford? Think of all the good times my son and I could have in a new 4x4 powerstroke.

Yes, but we spent way more time playing Chess, PacMan, wrestling, camping, fishing and hanging out.

What if you couldn't because ammo was too costly or it was unavailable? Wouldn't it bother you? There is a connection between father/son, grandpa/grandson when they go hunting together. This has been interrupted because of the cost or unavailability of ammo. Wouldn't you want to carry on that tradition with your son/grandson?

Yes, it's increasing profits. I just don't believe the net effect from flipping is huge. Ammo manufacturer's are loving it. I don't think it's having a tremendous impact on retailers though. Money that goes to ammo isn't going to other things. If 22LR was plentiful, we'd probably still see stock Ruger 10/22's for $400.Yes, I'm guessing here. Neither of us can really estimate the flipper effect on GDP. I guess I kinda see your point though. Any activity in the firearm community is good in theory. Flippers are still the douchebags of the community.
Flippers exist because hoarders exist. Demand is high because hoarders exist. As long as people are hoarding every box they can find, the shelves will remain bare.

What if you couldn't because ammo was too costly or it was unavailable? Wouldn't it bother you? There is a connection between father/son, grandpa/grandson when they go hunting together. This has been interrupted because of the cost or unavailability of ammo. Wouldn't you want to carry on that tradition with your son/grandson?
There is a connection between father and son when the roll through the woods in their new powerstroke diesel. Unfortunately powerstrokes are costly. Wouldn't it be better if we could all afford shiny new 4 wheel drive trucks to help us bond with our children/grandchildren?

What if you couldn't because ammo was too costly or it was unavailable? Wouldn't it bother you?

Yes, but so did having to make my bed, rake the yard and clean up the dog pen. Young children are extremely resilient. I don't think anyone's grandson is going to cut his wrist because gramps can't find any .22 ammo.

Flippers exist because hoarders exist. Demand is high because hoarders exist. As long as people are hoarding every box they can find, the shelves will remain bare.

It could be argued that hoarders exist because of the lack of supply caused by the flippers... This is basic human nature and will not change. Look at the run on Milk, Eggs and Bread every time there is a snow flake. People are buying more than they need because there may not be a resupply for a while (or they all want to make French Toast).

Either way - MEH!!!

No, I totally see your point. I just disagree with it. What you are basically saying is some people cannot afford something and as such other people need to change their behavior so the less fortunate has what they want. Perhaps instead the less fortunate should concentrate on putting themselves in a better situation so they can afford what their heart desires. I want a new Powerstroke Diesel but can't afford one right now. Should everyone else quit buying them so the price drops to a level I can afford? Think of all the good times my son and I could have in a new 4x4 powerstroke.

Again, I see your point. If the profiteers did not exist, there would be plenty of ammo and at reasonable prices. It is ok to disagree. Hell I wouldn't want to always agree with me either. Put yourself in a better situation and get that Powerstroke man.

Back
Top Bottom