What Do You Hate Visually About The New Site?

We're gonna try and work on some of the visuals of the default style of the site tonight. I have a list of stuff to get to but would like to hear all your complaints related to the overall look of the site or certain things.

Stuff I plan on changing:

Reducing font sizes all over the place
Possibly changing the font to match the old site
Change out some of the white spaces to the gray we had on the old site to help with eye strain
Reduce the size of a lot of stuff so more fits on a screen. Some of the stuff just seems too big to me.
Change the style to "fluid," which means it will stretch to the edges of your screen instead of staying a fixed size.

Pretty much covers my issues with the display of the site. Avatars are still wonky to me though. Image display (thumbnails) kinda sucks because it focuses in the middle of the image and not the entire image. Line breaks for sigs, I'd like it to be a solid line break instead of the dashed line. Give an option to turn off the popup/hover over notices. (Gee thanks, the thread has an update, yeah I know I posted that thread, exc.)

When viewing the list of threads, i like the old format much better. What is the point in seeing the poster's avatar in these lists? Who cares about that? Just wasted space imo. Also adding the location in front of the thread title just makes the titles a staggered/scattered mess, and more difficult to quickly scan.

I primarily use the "What's New" link to keep an eye on new WTS threads i might be interested in. The new format is definitely more difficult to quickly scan through because the titles are not aligned. Just my 2 cents. I think the older format was better, have the titles aligned on the far left, add another column for thread type/forum section, locations, etc.....my 2 cents.

I agree with this - definitely harder to read. I think a real white background or darker font may help, too. I think most people, when they look at a thread title, would prefer to see what, where, sale or trade, and how much. I don't care if you're throwing in a reach around, I'm not a buyer on your $650 Glock....

Nice site overall, though, and I know it will get tuned up. Thanks for your efforts!

We're gonna try and work on some of the visuals of the default style of the site tonight. I have a list of stuff to get to but would like to hear all your complaints related to the overall look of the site or certain things.

Stuff I plan on changing:

Reducing font sizes all over the place
Possibly changing the font to match the old site
Change out some of the white spaces to the gray we had on the old site to help with eye strain
Reduce the size of a lot of stuff so more fits on a screen. Some of the stuff just seems too big to me.
Change the style to "fluid," which means it will stretch to the edges of your screen instead of staying a fixed size.

Please change the font back... I now need my glasses to read this....

Put the price in the hover

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sometimes the price is in the hover as shown by an earlier post, but most of the time it isn't. I was hoping that this would be cured by the big changeover, but unless it was fixed over night it is still the same...a hit or miss thing. Maybe if the price was higher on the hover box, or the info in the hover box is single spaced rather than double spaced, the price might show more often to avoid having to click on overpriced items.

The only thing that get's me on the new style is the way listings (like the Recent Posts) don't show up left-aligned anymore. It would be good if you could switch the field order around so the subject was against the left margin. Optional fields like location could be to the right.

I always use a PC so the default style is working OK for me, although a darker font would help my aging eyes a bit.

Back
Top Bottom