• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What club should I join?

Candy Corn Rocks

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
I'm not new to shooting but want to get into either a club or competition as a recreation. I was looking over some clubs on, https://georgiaipsc.com/index.php/about/ and see there are a few in the Atlanta area (Dawsonville/Gainesville/Covington including) but wanted to hear from any of y'all about which clubs are good and which ones to avoid. So any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

yes
But I like shooting at Riverbend and South River a lot!

Besides, I don't actually run the club. We have a great core group of members that provide leadership and initiative where it's needed. I set budgets and try to save money while keeping dues low, LOL.

South River is pretty decent. They have about 20 tactical bays where you can shoot pistols and black rifles. They supply the stands, you supply the targets. They also have a bulls eye 50 yard range.
The rifle range is only open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday by appointment only.
These are only open to members so no walkins. They do also host several competitions like IDPA, GADPA and Atlanta 3 Gun in the weekends.

South River is pretty decent. They have about 20 tactical bays where you can shoot pistols and black rifles. They supply the stands, you supply the targets. They also have a bulls eye 50 yard range.
The rifle range is only open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday by appointment only.
These are only open to members so no walkins. They do also host several competitions like IDPA, GADPA and Atlanta 3 Gun in the weekends.
Are walk-ins allowed on the weekend competitions? Might be a silly question but my buddy and I were thinking of dropping in on a few to get a feel.

If you are shooting the competitions then you don't have to be a member. You pay what ever the match charges. They pay SRGC. You can come to any competition and watch. If you want to shoot you either have to be a member, a guest of a member or shooting in the match.

Shoot every match you can get to at both Atlanta Practical Shooters (Southriver) and Riverbend. There are also some indoor matches around you (if you are into those).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom