• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Went to gun show and realized I didn't know...

paisa777

Default rank <50 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
What to compare prices to from the pre-panic days. I saw some ARs and AKs, as well as the 870 and 500 shotty I wanted. But then I realized since I'm pretty much a newbie, I didn't know how the prices compared to pre-panic days.

I saw a bushmaster AR that was $1000. When the guy noticed me, of course he said "you won't find a better price". So, was he telling the truth? What's a good price that I should be looking for? Also, what makes should I be looking for? I'm in no hurry to get one, but want to know what to keep on eye out for.

$799 is a good price, $1000 is a joke. Gunshow dealers are like snakes. Just wait another month or 2 and prices will be back below $1000 for most AR's.

Ive owned and shopped firearms for more than a decade. Went to my first gun show this year. Total joke and waste of time/money. I would only go if you were looking for anything BESIDES a firearm and maybe maybe even besides ammo. If you're looking at a mossberg 500 take a quick gander at a mossberg maverick. Its cheaper but can accept all of the after market accessories that a 500 can. Just a thought.

I love the Maverick 88. Great little gun.. As for prices at the Shoes... JOKE all the way.. They were higher than others at times, but now its gotten to be rape..

Dawsonville gun is loaded with Ar's for $800 bucks or so can't remember brands but late Saturday they had them. I refer saying this on here because tomorrow they will be listed for $1500.00 on here by some a holes

You don't go to gun shows to shop with the dealers, you go to shop with those walking around. When this is over you will find some good buys, I always have. The dealers won't offer people much on what they bring to sell because they want to double their money.

Before my hip surgery I went to the Atlanta shows and their was only one dealer that gave you a good deal and that was Classic Pawn out of NW GA. Jerry always had good prices, at the store and at the shows.

gunshows are full of assholes and degenerates who do not wish to engage in true business and really just want ignorant buyers to make money on

most of them anyway, a few ok folks are at these things but you are better off going to a gun store itself

I like Gun Shows, but I don't buy new guns.

When I buy 'new' guns, I have a couple local gun shops that will deal with me squarely and honestly. I've bought new guns from these two dealers and then found the same guns in gun shows for more money.

Used guns are a different matter. Typically, the used guns in local gun shops are fairly new. A gun show will normally have a better selection of older firearms, and sellers who are more knowledgeable about them.

Components for reloading are hit and miss. Lately, all the components have been sky-high as well. Historically, I've found good product at gun shows for 'reasonable' prices. Hopefully that is evening out.

Other items, like old holsters and 'bits and pieces' can be found easier at gun shows than at retail outlets.

Without meaning any disrespect to businessmen and women who own and operate local gun shops, one meets people at gun shows with a great deal of information about guns, ammunition, shooting and all manner of things; more than one meets at a single gun shop.

That's why I attend and enjoy gun shows. That's why people who seek a bargain basement AR-15 or such are usually disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom