• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well I did it

Last night I bought a Lee turret press kit, all I have been able to think about to day is getting this puppy up and running. So far I'm thinking I need to get a case trimmer, digital powder scale, reloading bench, a good caliper, and tumbler to clean brass. Chime in if there is anything else yall could think of that is a must have other than components for what ever rounds I'm loading. I will be doing rifle and pistol. Thanks in advance.
I know it's not top of the line but it should load me a few rounds! http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/reloading/reloading-presses-press-kits|/pc/104792580/c/104761080/sc/104516280/lee-deluxe-turret-press-reloading-kit/740033.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/reloading-presses-press-kits/_/N-1100195/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104516280

Congrats! Reloading is fun and the learning is rewarding.

Thats pretty nifty but I will save the $18 towards something else and continue to use the barrel of the gun. I just field strip a gun for the caliber I am loading and drop them in. The rounds you make should just drop right in and sit flush. If they dont go all the way in or get "stuck" then you know they are no good.
Yuup the Ole "PLUNK TEST".

I have a feeling reloading is about to open up a whole new world for me!

No flies on you now are there. :becky:

It opens up an area that many will never know.

You have a good start, the bullet puller $8 +/- kinetic is not a bad idea and works for a wide variety of rounds. Otherwise its a good start. You will figure out when you "need" stuff when you hit barriers.

Bullet Pullers

Powder chargers

Brass cleaners

Calipers

Chronograph

Military decrimping tools

Brass case trimmers

Bulge buster dies (the Lee 9mm is a special order)

Reloading Case blocks

Case lube.....

Here's some Boolits from my new Rifle mold I got for Christmas and a few .40 s&w. I cast them the other day, finally go to Powder Coat today, waiting on my sizer die so I can put the Gas Checks on and size them then I'll load them for the 7.7 Jap, and a few for the 30.06 etc.

Cast.JPG

Cast2.JPG

A big thanks to everybody for all your input. I have a feeling a large part of my bonus that comes in here in a few weeks is about to be spent, but I'm going to be cranking out some high quality low cost ammo in no time that will keep me on the range a whole lot more!

Back
Top Bottom