Welding helmet recommendations

gregar

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
39   0
Reaction score
Old guy trying out MIG welding.
Got a used welder. Need a helmet.
Surprisingly HF’s Arcsafe $150 gets pretty good reviews.
Appreciate all suggestions.
thanks
Greg

Welding is part of my job and I have several helmets. The one I like the best is from Northern Tool. Extra large lense, auto darkening 4 sensors, sensitivity, shade, and delay controls. Works as good as the Jackson and Snap On helmets I had in the past and cost about half. I've had it for 8 years and it has been problem free.

Hard to beat Miller or Speedglas but For MIG, I definitely would not buy an expensive helmet. Harbor Freight or Northern should serve the purpose.

I have a Hobart, 2 Jackson’s and one helmet from Northern Tool. All four hoods are about the same. Try to get a hood with 4 sensors, sensitive, shade and delay adjustments.

If you're learning to weld, get a real old school pipe welders helmet, the kind that you have the flip the whole shield up and down . Once you learn enough to be comfortable, get the best you can afford. Buy once cry once. Your vision can't be replaced so if you're going to count a device operated on a battery to switch over, I'd get the best i could afford.

Back
Top Bottom