Water Storage

exact same setup...RECOMMENDED HIGHLY
Getting some BPA free HDPE bottles would be my recommendation. Rotation is key, switch from drinking tap, or individual bottles of water and fill up the 5 gallon ones at a refill station like they have at Kroger or Publix. I have water stored up and a 5 gallon dispenser in the fridge that we use for drinking and cooking, it's $0.22 a gallon. So when that thing is empty I get one of the 5 gallons stored in the front and we just refill it when we head to the grocery store then it goes in the back. That way we are never drinking water that is more than a month or so old, just like a store rotates it's stock. Oh yeah, store it in a dark and as cool of a place as possible.

I have a water cooler in my house like you would see in an office.

I don't have it because I think bottled water taste's better, but because it enables me to stock pile water in a safe, sterile fashion, that doesn't attract attention or questions.

You can buy the water in 4 gallon jugs at sams club for 2.99. I bought 20 in the begining and store all but 4 in my basement, keeping the other 4 near the cooler. Because we drink it, we are constantly rotating stock. I just buy another 4 bottles each time I go to Sams and add them to the back of the cache of water. Added all up, it's only 80 gallons of water, but I would venture to say it is more than most have stored.

when your gas water heater goes bad buy a 105 gal marathon water heater... http://www.marathonheaters.com/consumers.html

instead of a worthless tankless water heater. double your capacity, lower your energy usage, keep hot water for days when the power goes out, it has a lifetime warranty, costs about twice as much as a conventional water heater, you can pick them up cheap (er) around $700 for a 50 gal - $1000 ish for 105 gal at your local EMC, (with 105 gal upgrade you will never run out of water on the 3rd, 4th or 5th consecutive shower) your emergency water stays fresh and always is recycled, you have better air quality in your home from less combustable gas waste being flued out of your home. utility companies & EMC's have a hefty rebate for conversions - up to $525 rebate - CASH not a tax write off...

exact same setup...RECOMMENDED HIGHLY

:) lol

2.bp.blogspot.com__kQWVBsP_dPU_TT4v2uoV9qI_AAAAAAAACaM_DScujM4_B1s_s320_telepathy.jpeg

when your gas water heater goes bad buy a 105 gal marathon water heater... http://www.marathonheaters.com/consumers.html

instead of a worthless tankless water heater. double your capacity, lower your energy usage, keep hot water for days when the power goes out, it has a lifetime warranty, costs about twice as much as a conventional water heater, you can pick them up cheap (er) around $700 for a 50 gal - $1000 ish for 105 gal at your local EMC, (with 105 gal upgrade you will never run out of water on the 3rd, 4th or 5th consecutive shower) your emergency water stays fresh and always is recycled, you have better air quality in your home from less combustable gas waste being flued out of your home. utility companies & EMC's have a hefty rebate for conversions - up to $525 rebate - CASH not a tax write off...

I think we would be amazed at how many people do not realize that their water heater is ALSO an emergency water source.

Back
Top Bottom