• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Walmart Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I did it on 65 boxes of Winchester white box 115 gr 9mm 100 rounders. $0.09/round after tax. The key was I had a photo of the price tag on the shelf at Walmart, with what looked like believably in stock boxes (though they were not and Academy did not ask, I did not tell) and the Walmart tag said "RETAIL PRICE" not clearance.

So, you used Walmart's mistake to rip off Academy.
You faked a photo and offered that fabricated evidence to them as proof that Walmart has these products in stock when they don't.

And you let them think that Walmart's prices were standard prices when you know with certainty that they are clearance prices-- and you know Academy won't price match clearance sales.

What did Academy Sports ever do to hurt you, that you want to screw them over this way?

You faked a photo and offered that fabricated evidence to them as proof that Walmart has these products in stock when they don't.

And you let them think that Walmart's prices were standard prices when you know with certainty that they are clearance prices-- and you know Academy won't price match clearance sales.

What did Academy Sports ever do to hurt you, that you want to screw them over this way?
I thought the same thing. A shame that people can't just be happy to score on a good deal and move on. Always looking to beat the system.

Hey, you do you and I'll do me. I did nothing wrong and it was at Academy's discretion to honor anything.

There has been a lot of debate about this on other boards. Shady is shady though. If you walked in and said Walmart Is blowing out ammo (they are, with no present intention of restocking) academy would not price match.

if you can’t fully disclose the circumstances and still get the price match, it’s dishonest.

in the end, everyone has to make their own choices, but right is right and wrong is wrong.

I don’t think it’s the customers responsibility to discern what Academy’s policies are. What are we suppose to be up to date with academy’s policies before walking in to their store? No. It’s their responsibility to know them.

Jake D just tried to get a price match. Whether it was within the guidelines of the policy is up to Academy not him. If retails stores left the responsibility to the customer like some sort of honor system then they would be out of business in a year. Also where does it say clearance on the tag? All I see is retail. You guys are quick to judge folks on here

...in the end, everyone has to make their own choices, but right is right and wrong is wrong.

When the bible says ".... and everyone did that which was right in his own mind"
was that a positive or negative?
I mean, these people used their morals, their judgment, and took into consideration the values of the society they lived in, and chose to do what THEY CONSIDERED TO BE RIGHT.

How'd that go over with the Higher Authority?

I mean, if you want to get technical, the bible also says something along the lines of "thou shall not lie and thou shall not steal." Since lies can be either by commission (stating some thing that isn't true overtly) or omission (leaving out an important piece of information, you know, like ammo being on clearance to work around a published policy), where do we go from here?

ETA: I think we are on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom