• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Walmart Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I did it on 65 boxes of Winchester white box 115 gr 9mm 100 rounders. $0.09/round after tax. The key was I had a photo of the price tag on the shelf at Walmart, with what looked like believably in stock boxes (though they were not and Academy did not ask, I did not tell) and the Walmart tag said "RETAIL PRICE" not clearance. All I had to do was show them the matching numbers on the Walmart tag and the bar code of the boxes. Easy peazy
so you had a box of walmart ammo with you when you went in to get the price match? And your picture was clear enough fror them to be able to read the sku number on the walmart tag? Reason I ask is I'd like to try this but want to approach it the right way

I just filled my biggy up at Academy and went up to the checkout and said I had a price match, then held one of the Academy boxes next to my phone with the photo (see post #110) and showed them it was for the same item. They brought the manager over and he approved it no problem.

I just filled my biggy up at Academy and went up to the checkout and said I had a price match, then held one of the Academy boxes next to my phone with the photo (see post #110) and showed them it was for the same item. They brought the manager over and he approved it no problem. The key is that Academy does not price match clearance prices, so because the photo showed as retail price, it was not questioned whatsoever.
wow nice

They weren't stupid in my instance; I operated inside the boundaries of their policy and they kindly obliged.
No, they were ****ing retards. The policy is any advertised price in print. Not clearance items. They do this because they know nobody can advertise in print below MAP pricing.

Im proud of you, and happy you scored, but the employees you dealt with were ****ing retards :lol:

No, they were ****ing retards. The policy is any advertised price in print. Not clearance items. They do this because they know nobody can advertise in print below MAP pricing.

Im proud of you, and happy you scored, but the employees you dealt with were ****ing retards :lol:
I'll take it however I can get it; I hope it works for someone else as well as it did for me

No big scores to be reported at the United Nations Wal-Mart on Jimmy Carter Blvd outside of Tucker either. Just about all of the 9mm was gone except steel case, plenty of 40 cal., 22LR, some 223, fair amount of 45 acp and other random calibers but the stickers weren't showing drastic markdowns like other locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom