• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Walmart ammo availability thread - Post what you see available & where!

Apparently this is completely up to the store. I have seen stock as early as 8pm-10pm, after 10pm(which stinks, because most won't sell it at that time), or in the morning around 7am. There are 4 that I frequent and all of them differ in the times they put it out. Oh, and the Walmart employees tend to be notoriously unreliable. For a variety of reasons. They don't care, they don't know ammo, they intentionally misdirect because they are saving it for friends or themselves, they are power tripping, they just don't have an idea, but want to seem like they do. Pick one.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up...

I checked the Johnson Ferry Walmart within 30 minutes of his post hoping to find some of the 223 100 packs that they were rumored to have in stock. Pretty funny...there were two college-looking kids walking into the store ahead of me (jeans, ball cap, North Face jacket, etc) and I thought they must have been after the same thing. Made it easy for me to find the sporting goods section because I just followed them. Like all other stores I've been to, they just had hunting rifle ammo and shotgun shells.

It was in stock at Johnson Ferry, no rumor, the app works. I went in today since it showed limited stock, Someone from another department scanned the number and told me they got 7 cases yesterday, and sold all of the 24 boxes (6 cases) shortly after being put out. That left 4 in stock but not on the shelf. Asked an associate to look in back and ask a manager, came back out a few min later with an unopened case. "it was locked up in the managers office, I assume you want 3 boxes". Left the store today around 2:00 with one box left in stock.
If the app or website shows in stock, make them scan the UPC and show you the physical stock level. It it says in stock it is in the store somewhere, probably hidden/stashed away.

The app is accurate. Have them scan the UPC to check inventory. I have picked up close to 8k rounds of 22lr doing this. If you're not willing to then I guess you don't REALLY need it then. Not trying to be an ass but just being honest.

Walmart in Newnan now has only 3 boxes of .223 left. Federal Ammunition 223 Rem 55gr Full Metal Jacket, 100ct $35. Had several cases of other stuff but I couldnt see what it was. I know there was at least some nine. Also they will sell all night.

Back
Top Bottom