• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Walmart ammo availability thread - Post what you see available & where!

I wonder why some stores won't sell until the next morning at 7am, even if it's well before 10pm when they get it in, whereas others will sell it straight off the truck that afternoon/evening. They state policy but you'd think it would be the same policy for all stores.

Anyway, Newnan Walmart got in 100 rd boxes of .38 special (WWB), .40 (WWB & Federal ), and .45 (WWB & Federal), there were still at least 5 boxes of each when I went through there tonight.

I wonder why some stores won't sell until the next morning at 7am, even if it's well before 10pm when they get it in, whereas others will sell it straight off the truck that afternoon/evening. They state policy but you'd think it would be the same policy for all stores.

Anyway, Newnan Walmart got in 100 rd boxes of .38 special (WWB), .40 (WWB & Federal ), and .45 (WWB & Federal), there were still at least 5 boxes of each when I went through there tonight.
I usually have no problem buying ammo at all hours, regardless of 'policy'. I explain to the manager who has the key that I work oddball hours and this is the only time I have to get ammo. Only Fayetteville has never sold me ammo before 7am. I don't go there anymore.

Store managers hate when you tell them you will call corporate and drop their name for "not being customer focused" or even worse.... the BBB!

WALMART by big chicken has a case of 762x39 tula and a few more boxes of 9mm federal 50 packs (I left yall a few) and a bunch of .40 winchester FMJ.

Last edited:
"Availability is approximate and was last updated on 03/17/2013 at 11:59 AM, Eastern Time. " Pretty sure that's inventory and not sku...

The time is not connected to the inventory. I know it seems weird but that's the truth. I don't know what data point the "time" represents but it is clearly not the inventory.

Walmart has a state of the art inventory tracking system. If it shows limited / in stock, it is 100% in that store somewhere or stolen.

Back
Top Bottom