• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wait for this next turd to hit the fan.

LOL, the Ins cos will simply pass their legal fees and any settlement costs onto customers or pay a "fee" in the form of contributions to Congress critters for bailout money. It's the 'Murican way."

While I do believe that China was playing with virus's that they shouldn't have, AND I believe that they should be held responsible for all this mess, its a stretch to say it was an act of war.
Would explain some of the inconsistencies in our response and explanations.

One case from my career, albeit a bit long....

Policy had an exclusion that it would not pay for any death "due to, or as a consequence of, being drunk or intoxicated."

Young woman was in the habit of doing her weekly laundry at the local coin laundry. Said laundry was across the street from a liquor store. She would load up her washers, then go across the street for a 6 pack of beer, that she would drink while doing her wash. It was summertime and hot, even hotter inside the laundry, so she was sitting on the stoop outside the building drinking her beer.

Bad guy decides he will rob the liquor store. Bad guy starts shooting up the store, liquor store owner chases him out firing his own gun. Stray shot hits laundry lady across the street in the head...dead right there. Insurance company gets blood alcohol from autopsy and denies the claim on the basis that laundry lady was legally intoxicated. No money for you.

The president of the insurance company that denied the claim was an attorney, Peter Nauert. That name sound vaguely familiar?? He was Heather Nauert's father, she of Fox News and currently the State Dept.

Some, not all, life insurance policies have an exclusion provision that eliminates coverage for....

"death due to, or as a consequence of, any act of war, insurrection, civil unrest whether declared or undeclared"....the so-called "war clause" that allowed insurers to deny thousands of claims for soldiers killed in Viet Nam. Some sleazy companies will attempt to deny Covid19 death claims based on the "attack on the US by Chinese biological war fare." Trust me, I spent a 40 year career running down these kinds of insurance companies and their bad practices
Father and mother inlaw died, contacted the insurance offices and was told that the polices were on paper and had not been updated and they could not find them. None of the policies ever paid.

Back
Top Bottom