Visiting the Atlanta Zoo

Klif

Air Force Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
We are planning to visit the Atlanta Zoo on Friday of this week. They say weapons are prohibited except as permitted by law. What does that mean? I'm not happy going to downtown Atlanta without my side arm. Do they wand or otherwise check? I sure won't carry and leave it in my car. Just curious if anyone has visited lately and what their experience has been.

If you have a valid carry permit, you can carry concealed with no issue. I went a few months ago and had no issue. No metal detection at the gates.
If you are a First Responder, active duty, retired military or a veteran, you can get yourself (only) in for free during regular visits. Just show your ID that has your status on it.

If you have a valid carry permit, you can carry concealed with no issue. I went a few months ago and had no issue. No metal detection at the gates.
If you are a First Responder, active duty, retired military or a veteran, you can get yourself (only) in for free during regular visits. Just show your ID that has your status on it.
Thanks for the update. We got 4 free tickets by going to the library and taking out a library card and watching a 10 minute film about the library system. I'll take free anytime.

I have a valid carry permit and will probably carry. It's only been 60+ years since I was down there and last time we visited the Cyclorama and looked at the train that was in the basement. I believe all that has been moved to somewhere else now. Looking forward to see the animals. (the real ones not the people). I guess Willie B has passed on but maybe some of his great grandkids might still be there.

Back
Top Bottom