• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Very new to archery, have a few questions, please help.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
This will be my first year hunting in Georgia in archery season.

I am proud to say I scored a sweet excalibur crossbow from a member here and I can't wait to hunt with it but I have some questions.

1. Can you use crossbows in WMA's during rifle season as well as archery?

2. Must I wear blaze orange during archery only in WMA's?

3.Are there any restrictions on crossbows in WMA areas?

The rule book is sorta vague so I figured I'd ask.

I would really recomend wearing orange during any season on a WMA. At least while you are in motion and then reduce it down if you feel better. I have had run in's with small game hunters who will shoot at anything, so the orange is a huge help. Just my thought but a consideration for you.

Much appreciated replies fella's.

I was planning on wearing orange while walking in and out, at least a blaze hat, and sometimes a lightweight blaze vest too.
Orange will be on for the duration during gun.

Yes, I have experienced many wackos who shoot at anything that moves, never in Georgia, but Pennsylvania is full of yahoo's, mostly always drunk in the woods too.
Pa has great deer but too many idiots everywhere.
I always cringe at the guys who have antlers in their pack that stick up over their head because I could see some dumb clown shooting at it.

I have been shot at before for simply walking through leaves in Pa.

Yep, I cant help myself, I just dont trust anyone that I do not know. When hunting at a WMA you are hunting with a lot of people you do not know. I would wear orange no matter what. I would take it off once in the stand during archery season, but it would for sure be on walking in and out!!!

I usually walk in and hour or two before daylight, and have the flashlight blaring so I will probably be safe that way but I will have the blaze cap on going in.
On the way out, cap and vest.

In the stand, camo all the way.

Back
Top Bottom