• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Value of a 2001 Toyota Tacoma w/ blown head gasket?

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
506   0
Reaction score
My kid is looking at a 2001 Toyota Tacoma w/ the 4 cyl, 5 speed and 4x4. Has 200k miles but looks great. Overall in real good physical condition. Does anyone have an idea of what a fair price would be with a blown head gasket? I know nothing about these trucks.

4 cyl or 6? I think I would rather have the 4. And if you did have to do a head gasket job the 4 would most likely be easier and cheaper.
I would get the NADA value(s) depending on the condition of the interior and exterior and subtract all the parts labor and supplies.
Just looked back and saw you said it was a 4 cylinder. If it's cheap enough definitely get it. In running condition I would bet it would sell easily for around $7500. The truck market is crazy. And the Toyota truck market is completely insane.

If it's on a tow truck, absolute maximum is 25% of whatever it is worth running. There could also be problems with the transmission, rear end, ac compressor etc. that you can't check when it's broke down with a blown engine. Also if the block overheated when the head gasket blew, you could need a whole block, and who knows how long it has really been sitting with coolant in the oil pan.

Regular cab will bring a lil more but without head gasket job needed I'd ballpark $6k-ish without seeing it....so just deduct whatever a reputable shop would charge for the job and go from there on the negotiation.

Btw frame rust is the biggest thing thing look for on these...

Good luck!

My kid is looking at a 2001 Toyota Tacoma w/ the 4 cyl, 5 speed and 4x4. Has 200k miles but looks great. Overall in real good physical condition. Does anyone have an idea of what a fair price would be with a blown head gasket? I know nothing about these trucks.
Very easy fix. Very easy.

Back
Top Bottom