• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USP as suppressor host

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Where would a USP tactical in 9mm rank as a host? Cans are Osprey 9 and TiRant 9. Currently have a M&P9, G19, and P226 as host. Would it be quieter than the 3 of those?

STOP CRUSHING MY DREAMS! :Cry:
The weight of the bolt and length of the barrel, combined with tight tolerances are what help keep noise down. Pistols, largely, have light weight bolts, short barrels, and relatively loose tolerances. Heck, you can see through most Glock frame and slides, as well as the M&P. All of that combine to make pistols, in general, fairly lousy hosts. Unless you're talking about a Remington XP-100 in .308 with subsonic loads. :cool2:

The weight of the bolt and length of the barrel, combined with tight tolerances are what help keep noise down. Pistols, largely, have light weight bolts, short barrels, and relatively loose tolerances. Heck, you can see through most Glock frame and slides, as well as the M&P. All of that combine to make pistols, in general, fairly lousy hosts. Unless you're talking about a Remington XP-100 in .308 with subsonic loads. :cool2:
No I get that but I always thought the USP was a relative quiet host

I will say that my VP9 tactical is notably quieter than my sons 228 and my old 226.

The USP Tactical should, in theory be a better host than most as it is designed for use with a can. At least in the USPT 45, the recoil rod is different than the regular USP45. I'm not sure if the USPT9 has the same recoil rod difference.

Back
Top Bottom